Weird mid/high sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird mid/high sounds

I've been having a weird problem with my door speakers and back deck speakers I hope someone can give me some insight on. About 4 days ago on my way to work, some of the mid and high range music coming from both door speakers and both deck 6x9s started popping, crackling and cutting out. The strange part is that not all the sound did this. Specifically I noticed the hi hat and cymbals from the drums cutting and fading in and out. The guitars started doing it shortly after. The vocals and bass were fine. Some guitar and drums are fine. It's like it's very specific frequencies, or when certain frequencies mix. I also happened to notice that when I turn off my subs, there is almost no bass coming from the door and deck I. Very weird. When the stereo first turns on, it's barely noticeable but after a few minutes it starts to get worse until it's so bad that I just turn it off. Then I figured out that it happens the most when I listen to really heavy metal. When I listen to hip hop or rock its not so bad, but I can still hear it. At first I thought it was my music player on my phone so I got a new one and it still happens. Then I thought it may be the Bluetooth connection. I tried some CDs and it still did it. Does anyone have any idea what it might be? I've had this stereo in my G6 for a few years and it's been great until now and it's driving me crazy.

EDIT: NVM. Deck speakers were FUBARed and I didn't realize it.
    Last edited by b3l14l; 05-19-2017, 02:18 PM.
Working...
X