Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• key fob programming issue!!

hello all first post fyi lol
    i just bought a 06 g6 but it did not come with a key fob. i got a replacement one and i know you have to take it to a automotive locksmith or dealership so i went to a locksmith and he tried to program it but the car would not take it/ i bought the remote off the internet so he said it might be bad so he went in and grabbed one of his that he knows would work but nothing happened.
    one thing i thought it could be is i have an after market stereo install but do not have the oem integration kit so i dont have the dic.
    could that be the issue with it not programming?
    i have the original stereo stil so should i just put that in and go get it programmed?
    but if i switch it back to the aftermarket do you think the remote start and everything will stop working>
    any answers would be amazing. trying to get this done as soon as possible like tomorow lol

Re: key fob programming issue!!

UPDATE!: I put back in the OEM radio and had them try again nothing happened still.
    Is there a fuse that could be out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wonder if someone installed an aftermarket setup and bypassed the factory keyless. Take a look around under the dash.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

I didnt know there where three fuse boxes on this car. Lol new owner with no manual. Looked online found this fuse box lol no fuse in slot 6 keyless remote start and XM radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X