How to hook up subs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hook up subs??

I have a 2007 g6 and I just got 2 12 inch pioneer subs with a 1000 watt amp. I can rebuild a motor with my eyes closed, but as soon as there's something with wires I'm lost. How do I hook up my subs? Are there any good videos on this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re: How to hook up subs??

Yes all over YouTube :P but it's pretty simple, however you need a dash kit or do the 2010 dash swap to keep your door dings. A metra 3033 dash kit I believe is the one with a screen that allows you to keep your door dings and settings etc.

Other then that you need a head unit, power wire and rcas (get a 4 ga amp kit), run your power wire from your battery to your amp, run your rcas from your head unit to your amp, most do it by running it under the door trim. Then you need something like 12ga wire to go from amp to subs. You will also have to wire a remote on cable along with the rcas and power.

Here is a diagram to show an example and just ignore the speakers and speaker amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

You can get a wiring kit like this, highly recommended for everything but the rca's personally I would swap them, but if you never plan on swapping out your amp then there fine, but I swap all the time and when I ran them they got a little loose, quality of sound is fine from them tho.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for KnuKonceptz TRUE 4 Gauge 4 Channel Kolossus OFC Amp Installation Wiring Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

I have rca cables. Just need a power cable. I'm wanting to do this without switching out my deck. I like having my mpg and oil life and stuff on the screen. From what I understand I just have to splice a convertor into the speakers?

Comment

Yes you can go that route, just find yourself a quality line out converter, and splice in to speaker wires. I used the MTX RE-Q but they're not available anymore.
          2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

I ordered a nvx xploc2. Where do I hook the power wire of it to

Comment

I meant where do I hook the remote wire on it and how do I tell which wire is positive and negative on the speakers

Comment

This car is stupid. How do I hook up the power wire to the battery? Do I need to get new terminals that will fit it?

Comment

Get a battery bolt from auto parts store..

2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

How to hook up subs

I might have a friend that has a few blown M90´s and if your really lucky i just might be able to hook you up ...however thats a big maybe ..and I´m going to second MadDog_945
                    My choice mt4 ea for successful trading

Comment

Working...
                    X