Hey All! Need Opinions on a 2006 G6 GTP 3.9L 5-Speed w/ 115k mi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey All! Need Opinions on a 2006 G6 GTP 3.9L 5-Speed w/ 115k mi

Hey all, I am a long time ThirdGen.org member (Username: LedZep), so some of you might know me! My name is Keith and I am an Electrical Engineering student (Jr year) and a former IT Hardware Lead for Lowe's HQ. I need some opinions on the car shown/described below and the price they are asking ($5000).

I am a die hard Pontiac fan/owner, this would be my 4th Pontiac if I do purchase the car. I would really appreciate some input from anyone with experience in this specific model or similar.

1. 1989 Formula Firebird (RIP)
    2. 1990 Formula Firebird (alive!)
    3. 2005 Pontiac Sunfire (RIP)
    4. 2006 G6 GTP??

This is the 3.9L 240hp V6 w/ the 5-speed manual transmission. I ran a VIN report on it and it comes back as clean with only 1 real owner. I couldn't believe the number of recalls on these cars with regard to various problems like pulling the key out while the car is running, but nothing major.

It is sitting right at 114k miles right now and they are asking $5000 for it. My question is how does this price sound to you all and would you say this car will easily last me another 50-100k miles (assuming no major issues currently). I see them selling all over the place with well over 200k, so I assume these babies last a long while. My Sunfire was at 158k miles when someone hit me...

Pictures of the GTP I am considering:

Working...
X