Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turboed 3500/5 speed swapped Grand Am

Hey guys, just thought I'd share my build over here

Have a 03 Grand Am GT with the heart of a 06 G6 (3500/LX9) and 5 speed Getrag from a 2000s cavalier... with a little snail from a CAT machine lol

Used 2 front G6 exhaust manifolds with a custom crossover to the Borg Warner S300

Quick driving video
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
    Last edited by _HeC_; 11-28-2016, 12:33 PM.

Re: Turboed 3500/5 speed swapped Grand Am

Nice build. I don't have my Malibu anymore but I'd like to learn more about it. Maybe you made a forum build thread somewhere? Or you can give us some more infos here, like what injectors you used, fuel pump, what turbo, etc?

Edit: And the power numbers of course!
    Last edited by DelHuge; 11-28-2016, 09:05 PM. Reason: Duh!

Comment

Just curious as to why you decided to go with the 3500? Happen to get a good one cheap? Heh

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
        Just curious as to why you decided to go with the 3500? Happen to get a good one cheap? Heh
        Milzy Motorsport sells a 3500 swap kit for the Grand Am. I guess it's the best way to grab a few more horsepower. I also read on Milzy's website that the 3500 is built pretty tough with powdered metal rods. --> http://www.milzymotorsports.com/3500-swap/

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
          Nice build. I don't have my Malibu anymore but I'd like to learn more about it. Maybe you made a forum build thread somewhere? Or you can give us some more infos here, like what injectors you used, fuel pump, what turbo, etc?

Edit: And the power numbers of course!
          Thanks man, no #s yet as it needs a better tune and more boost first. Finished it late in 2016 so only got a couple hundred KMs on it sadly before parking it for winter

build thread here, turbo setup starts on page 16

but quick rundown on those parts mentioned

Grand Prix GTP 36lb inectors
          Factory fuel pump
          Borg Warner S300 Turbo(It's from a big diesel CAT machine)
          Wyntonm 44mm external wastegate(4 and 10# springs with manual boost controller to turn it up to 15ish pounds when I upgrade my fueling more)
          Tial knock off 50mm BOV
          3" exhaust choked down to factory 2.25" axle back really wanted to drive the car last year so just slapped a reducer on it, doing full 3" over this winter and hopefully a couple more changes

The fueling needs upgrades but just bought a house so car funds aren't really kicking around lol Should be able to do 8psi or so on the fuel setup I have, only have a 4psi spring in my wastegate right now

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
          Dirt cheap and like 98% bolt in... extra 25hp/16tq, factory forged crank and powdered rods, better flowing heads etc payed like $100CDN for the engine with 85K(53K miles)

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
          Milzy Motorsport sells a 3500 swap kit for the Grand Am. I guess it's the best way to grab a few more horsepower. I also read on Milzy's website that the 3500 is built pretty tough with powdered metal rods. --> http://www.milzymotorsports.com/3500-swap/
          and factory forged crank got lucky that mine came with one as they all don't, #7484 stamped on the crank once you remove the crank pulley to identify... Also Milzys swap kit isn't all needed, all I bought for my swap was a external crank trigger

Comment

This was N/A 3500/5 speed with a couple bolt ons..... 2017 should be fun

Comment

Originally posted by _HeC_ View Post
              This was N/A 3500/5 speed with a couple bolt ons..... 2017 should be fun
              Front wheel drive showing up big time. That 60' needs work and you could be closing in on 13s with that trap speed.

Comment

Very cool! Can't wait to see some results and videos in the future.

Comment

Working...
                X