Serpentine Belt on vert 3.9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serpentine Belt on vert 3.9?

I need to replace the serpentine belt on my 08 gt vert with the 3.9L. I got the tensioner loosened and the belt off all of the pulleys but the passenger side engine mount it right through the middle of it. Is this supposed to be routed like this? What is the best/easiest way to remove the engine mount to replace the belt?

Re: Serpentine Belt on vert 3.9?

It's not like that on the 3500, so I'm not familiar with the 3.9. Though my old supercharged 3800 had a similar situation where and engine mount was right in the middle of the belt. You had to jack up the engine from beneath, remove the mount, replace the belt, put the mount back, and done.
    Last edited by slowsedan; 11-04-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Here's what the procedure shows. Looks like the mount does have to come apart

Removal Procedure
      1. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
      2. Remove the intake manifold cover.
      3. Remove the engine mount bracket bolt (2).
      4. Remove the engine mount bracket spacer (1).
      5. Rotate the drive belt tensioner counterclockwise in order to release the tensioner spring tension.
      6. Remove the drive belt.

Just to add, It only shows this procedure for the convertible. Other trim levels with the 3.9 don't have this mount to get passed.
      Last edited by CruisinG6; 11-05-2016, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the help. After lifting the motor and removing the entire mount the spacer finally came loose. Seems like it might be a little longer than needed and was being "pinched" between mount and engine block so it would not come out with only removing the single bolt (#2)

Comment

Ah that makes sense.
          That's how I would have assumed it to come apart, by removing all the bolts and not just the one

Comment

Working...
          X