No announcement yet.

Occupant Sensor Location - Location???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occupant Sensor Location - Location???

Sorting out air bag issue and the dealer said I need to replace the Occupant Sensor Module - 22787769. Anyone know where it's located on the car? Don't think it's in the seat cushion or under the seat. I suspect it's in the console or kick panel???

thanks

Re: Occupant Sensor Location - Location???

The passenger sensor is in the seat. The module is actually on the front of the seat cushion. Look at the last photo in my how-to thread on removing the seat covers.
    My progression page Clicky

Comment

Thanks, but that's a different sensor. I found the occupant module under the console.

Comment

Great
        My progression page Clicky

Comment

Try connecting and disconnecting the modules plugs. If I recall, my Aura had the module under the passenger seat, and it would trigger the airbag light. I ended up using some zip ties around the module and plug to hold the plug in tight, and it fixed my intermittent issue with the sensor going off.
          2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Well, shows how much I know. The air bag module is under the console, not the occupant sensor module. So, I'm still looking...

Comment

The only time the air bag system needs to sense if someone is there is when they're sitting in the passenger seat. So it can turn that air bag on or off.
              The system assumes there will always be a driver in the seat so there's no need to sense it.

When I search that part number I get a blow out diagram showing the passenger seat.
              http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/22787769 Part #16

And according to the wiring diagrams I have.
              The Sensor is located under the passenger seat, but the Module is in the cushion of the front passenger seat.

I'd check with those since the part number seems to point in that direction.

The module you found under the center console is the "inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module"

Comment

See my post here from back in 7/2013 if your issue is intermittent: http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...ssenger+sensor

"I found the issue with my old Aura and my wife's G6 is that the retaining clip on them becomes loose, and no longer keeps the plug securely in place. It was just loose enough to cause the Pass airbag light to go out and give me an SRS light. Reaching under the seat I pushed all the connectors tight again and restarted the car and the issue was gone for a while. I have to do this about once every 6 months in my wife's car. Sold the Aura not long after learning about this."

I ended up putting a zip tie around the box to keep it tight and no issues since.. That was 40k miles ago.
                2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Working...
                X