• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAMS or CAI

Should I buy the last wams or just go for a cai need help with deciding :/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Re: WAMS or CAI

The results from a WAMS tune far outweigh the benefits from a CAI. Not even in the same class.
    My progression page Clicky

Comment

Talk to Chris first... The tunes are written to get the best out of the mods already on your vehicle. So say you had the CAI, when you order the tune you'd let him know so you can get it written in the tune. So if you get the tune first, then add CAI after you may not get the most you can out of the tune.
      2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

Originally posted by waterfowler76 View Post
        Talk to Chris first... The tunes are written to get the best out of the mods already on your vehicle. So say you had the CAI, when you order the tune you'd let him know so you can get it written in the tune. So if you get the tune first, then add CAI after you may not get the most you can out of the tune.

What he said! lol I say get that CAI and put in for the WAMS tune at the same time. By the time you get the tune back, you should already have your CAi installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo_ View Post
          Should I buy the last wams or just go for a cai need help with deciding :/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
          My opinion is the WAMS of its the last one. They still make CAIs. I personally love the wams, just don't install it until you acquire your CAI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the WAMS with as if you have a CAI and don't install until you get the intake.

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
              Get the WAMS with as if you have a CAI and don't install until you get the intake.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
              Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

If anyone wants a 91 octane WAMS ECU for the 3.9 let me know, I have one I bought a few years ago for sale.

Thanks.
                Last edited by SleezyB; 11-19-2016, 07:10 PM.

Comment

If anyone wants a 91 octane WAMS ECU let me know, I have one I bought a few years ago for sale.

Thanks.

Comment

How much are u selling the ecu for?

Comment

Sorry for the late reply, I'd like to sell it for 200, I feel like that's fair. Let me know what you think

Thanks

Comment

With the transfer fee a new one is basically the same price LOL
                        Chris White
                        http://www.GTOShiftLight.com
                        2006 Spice Red GTO - Stock
                        2012 CTS-V 1 of 57 Custom IPC/BCM/Radio Corsa/LPE CAI
                        2012 Cherokee SRT8 - Stockish
                        2013 SRX - Custom IPC, BCM and CUE
                        2013 XTS Platinum - Custom IPC

Comment

Not sure what the LOL douchery is for.. but this is your tune I assume? It's been quite a while since I bought the tune from you but I seem to remember paying around 400 for the tune? Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not from the states im a snow mexican and was talking 200 CAD not USD

Comment

Are 3.9l performance tunes available new? I thought that WAMS stopped doing those. Also 91 vs 93 tune, does anyone know the relative gains? I'm new to this.
                            Racingline STB
                            CRABS w/fpu
                            Resonator deleted
                            WAMS 93 octane tune - up next

Comment

Don't think 3.9l tunes will ever be available new again. According to the website, gains are about 10-15 hp at the wheels. I bought one of the last, if not the last 3.9l tune (93 octane). I didn't drive my G6 stock for very long, maybe only 2-3 weeks before I got a CRAB intake and tune. Getting the mods done at the same time made it pretty hard to tell which mod was providing the most gains but I can definitely feel a difference plus some better mileage. If you can find one for sale on here then go for it. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X