Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WAMS or CAI

Originally posted by Hydrex View Post
    Don't think 3.9l tunes will ever be available new again. According to the website, gains are about 10-15 hp at the wheels. I bought one of the last, if not the last 3.9l tune (93 octane). I didn't drive my G6 stock for very long, maybe only 2-3 weeks before I got a CRAB intake and tune. Getting the mods done at the same time made it pretty hard to tell which mod was providing the most gains but I can definitely feel a difference plus some better mileage. If you can find one for sale on here then go for it. Good luck
    So what you're saying is that it is impossible to get a tune now without buying it off of somebody else willing to part ways with it? What do you have to do after you get it? Take the ECM to the dealer and have them program your VIN?

Comment

Only WAMS can change the VIN, so you'd have to get it changed by them.
      2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

For the 3.9l engines, I believe the tunes are sold out. Pretty sure all the other engines have a few available still. You can purchase the WAMS tune at http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/. As far as the 3.9l goes, you'd need to purchase them from someone else or get a different tune I suppose. I've heard of a vector tune but I don't know much about it or where to get it. WAMS can reprogram the VIN, the dealership can, or anyone with the proper tools to do so really.

Comment

Working...
        X