[Question]2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 How to Turn Headlights Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question]2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 How to Turn Headlights Off

I am looking for a way to turn my headlights off while I am still in drive position instead of only being able to turn them off when I am in park. Is their any way to bypass this and wire it up to a toggle switch to turn them off whenever I want ?

Re: [Question]2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 How to Turn Headlights Off

Originally posted by CrystuL View Post
    I am looking for a way to turn my headlights off while I am still in drive position instead of only being able to turn them off when I am in park. Is their any way to bypass this and wire it up to a toggle switch to turn them off whenever I want ?
    The same stick you use for your turn signal also controls your headlights. You'll see that on the very end there's an arrow usually pointing to "auto". That end is movable. Switch it downwards to turn auto off which should turn your headlights off. Instead of the car detecting when the headlights should be in, it will be up to you instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unless you are talking about the Daytime Running Lamp safety feature, which has the lamps on at 1/2 power while in drive. That is controlled by the BCM? So you would have to jury-rig some thing to work around it.
      Just wondering why those lights on is a downer?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

You can pull the fuse and relay for your DRL. Works like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by davez26 View Post
          Unless you are talking about the Daytime Running Lamp safety feature, which has the lamps on at 1/2 power while in drive. That is controlled by the BCM? So you would have to jury-rig some thing to work around it.
          Just wondering why those lights on is a downer?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My DRL runs at full power I don't know why.

Comment

double post
            Last edited by mrslcom; 11-10-2016, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrslcom View Post
              My DRL runs at full power I don't know why.
              You are probably right, I am thinking of another Brand. My bad, but yeah, OP, if the DRL is an issue, pull the relay and go full manual - fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Basically I am just trying to turn my headlights off in the dark so I can sneak into my driveway without waking my family up. And switching the arrow downward does nothing when the car is in drive, only when it's in park.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystuL View Post
                  Basically I am just trying to turn my headlights off in the dark so I can sneak into my driveway without waking my family up. And switching the arrow downward does nothing when the car is in drive, only when it's in park.
                  Mine works when moving.

Comment

So when you turn your switch downwards to the power symbol, your lights turn off at night?

Comment

Correct... that's one thing I love about the 6. You can go totally stealth.
                      2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

Originally posted by waterfowler76 View Post
                        I can't turn the headlights off at night at all.

Comment

That's odd. I can also turn mine off at any time.
                          Maybe it's a worn multi-function switch?
                          Maybe some cars have different bcm programming?

Comment

Originally posted by waterfowler76 View Post
                            I can't go stealth in my car at all .

Comment

Hmmmm.. so out of curiosity, what happens when you guys turn the end of the turn signal switch towards you?

2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

Working...
                              X