2008 g6 going all led's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 g6 going all led's

Hello all. I'm changing all my lights in my g6 to led's. I know the shifter bulb is a 74 but my question what led bulb have all of you used? The ones on eBay almost seem too big but not sure. I'm sure the pics make it look bigger but wanted an input on what you guys have used. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 2008 g6 going all led's

Pretty sure I used the one in the link. Worked well for me so far. One thing you need to know is, while almost all the other lights are colored from a cover over the bulb and therefore a different colored bulb will show up that color...however (and this is for my 2005 not sure if it changed) the PRNDL get their color from red film embedded in the plate itself.
    I tried to use a cool white colored bulb and it still showed up red.

Comment

Originally posted by dkishton1486 View Post
      Hello all. I'm changing all my lights in my g6 to led's. I know the shifter bulb is a 74 but my question what led bulb have all of you used? The ones on eBay almost seem too big but not sure. I'm sure the pics make it look bigger but wanted an input on what you guys have used. Thank you

Are you swapping the dash and door lights also?

Comment

Originally posted by dkishton1486 View Post

Are you swapping the dash and door lights also?

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
          Pretty sure I used the one in the link. Worked well for me so far. One thing you need to know is, while almost all the other lights are colored from a cover over the bulb and therefore a different colored bulb will show up that color...however (and this is for my 2005 not sure if it changed) the PRNDL get their color from red film embedded in the plate itself.
          I tried to use a cool white colored bulb and it still showed up red.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...-car/228/1067/
          That shift plate still used a red film and a white light in my 2008 G6 GT

Comment

are the LED bulbs basically just plug and go? do I need to power them some other way or will the stock bulb connectors work fine?

Comment

Just plug up or wire splice into

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                Just plug up or wire splice into
                hey.. my map LEDs work no issue, but I just got some dome LEDs and they glow when the car is off still. what kind of resistor is recommended to fix that?

Comment

Originally posted by suo View Post
                  hey.. my map LEDs work no issue, but I just got some dome LEDs and they glow when the car is off still. what kind of resistor is recommended to fix that?
                  I use Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs in the map lights. No glowing. I imagine Phillips LED bulbs shouldn't glow either.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
                    I use Sylvania Zevo LED bulbs in the map lights. No glowing. I imagine Phillips LED bulbs shouldn't glow either.
                    I went to the store around me and bought some sylvania bulbs for my map lights.. work fine. Then I went on ebay and ordered dome lights since the store didn't have them in stock and they were way cheaper. glowing

is it a bulb quality issue or something?

Comment

I went to the store around me and bought some sylvania bulbs for my map lights.. work fine. Then I went on ebay and ordered dome lights since the store didn't have them in stock and they were way cheaper. glowing

is it a bulb quality issue or something?
                      I forget the reasoning for the glowing of LEDs in the dome light, but yes you do need a resistor.

I found this old thread I commented in. It has the info you guys need.

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
                        I forget the reasoning for the glowing of LEDs in the dome light, but yes you do need a resistor.

I found this old thread I commented in. It has the info you guys need.

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25978
                        hey man thanks for that. https://www.radioshack.com/products/...-resistor-pk-5 is this the resistor?

Comment

hey man thanks for that. https://www.radioshack.com/products/...-resistor-pk-5 is this the resistor?
                          The one I used has a blue band instead of the green.

Comment

Working...
                          X