Tap shifter- best place to get one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap shifter- best place to get one

Hey guys, I'm putting a six speed automatic into a 1971 Camaro and with the control unit I have a G6 tap shifter can be used for shifting.

Where's a good place to get one inexpensively? Also, does someone know the approximate height of the shifter off the floor?

Lastly, does the shifter cable exit the shifter from the front or rear?

Thanks

Re: Tap shifter- best place to get one

junkyard would be the cheapest for a G6 unit. The cables would exit from the front.

You could also use a regular shifter and try to retrofit a G6/Aura tap shift steering wheel onto the car. Probably more work though.

Have any pictures of the car?
    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Check out this place too and give them a call. They have several G6's in stock that appear to have the Tapshift consoles. Unsure how much the shift assembly would be, but their prices are usually reasonable.

2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
        Check out this place too and give them a call. They have several G6's in stock that appear to have the Tapshift consoles. Unsure how much the shift assembly would be, but their prices are usually reasonable.

http://wilbertsinc.hollanderapps.com...s.asp?s=W6H591
        Dang... they want $200 for that shifter... yikes. I know I can get them on ebay for about $50...

Yeah, here is the car.... www.ultm8z.com
        Last edited by ultm8z; 08-22-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X