2008 g6 gxp 3.6 liter motor swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 g6 gxp 3.6 liter motor swap

I have a 2008 g6 gxp and I blew a hole in the crank case I believe I threw a entire piston. None the less I need a new engine and am not really sure what I have for options. I was thinking something like a 3.8 supercharged from a grand prix. It will need to hook up to my transmission. Would that work or what would be a good option. Money is limited to about $3000. Just looking for some other opinions

Re: 2008 g6 gxp 3.6 liter motor swap

If money is limited, you better be a master fabricator. Oterwise keep it to an engine that you know drops right in.

I doubt the 3800 would fit. It's a 90 degree V6 where as the 3.5, 3.9, and 3.6 from the G6 and its siblings are 60 degrees.

If you're not wanting the 3.6 again and want something with a bit more power and potential, the LNF is where I would look.

Comment

LNF? What is that? I have some experience with fabrication and know may others who could help but what kind of engine would bolt right up and give me more horsepower?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohlenbrock1997 View Post
        LNF? What is that? I have some experience with fabrication and know may others who could help but what kind of engine would bolt right up and give me more horsepower?
        LNF Ecotec engine.. 2.0L Turbo from Cobalt SS / HHR SS / Solstice GXP / Sky Redline.

A 90 Degree Series II or Series III 3.8L will not easily fit, let alone electronics and ECM match up. A LNF may be possible, as it's the same generation and the G6 did have a 2.4L Ecotec.. but still would require full custom ECM/BCM workup to get it to work. Honestly the 3.6L in the G6 is probably one of the more mod friends motors.. I would find a junkyard one, throw it in, call it a day. If you wanted to spend extra cash follow up on some of the work people with V6 G8's or Commodores, and the early Camaro's before they got the Direct Injection models. Some have Turbo'd them.
        2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
        Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
        2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohlenbrock1997 View Post
          LNF Ecotec engine.. 2.0L Turbo from Cobalt SS / HHR SS / Solstice GXP / Sky Redline.

A 90 Degree Series II or Series III 3.8L will not easily fit, let alone electronics and ECM match up. A LNF may be possible, as it's the same generation and the G6 did have a 2.4L Ecotec.. but still would require full custom ECM/BCM workup to get it to work. Honestly the 3.6L in the G6 is probably one of the more mod friends motors.. I would find a junkyard one, throw it in, call it a day. If you wanted to spend extra cash follow up on some of the work people with V6 G8's or Commodores, and the early Camaro's before they got the Direct Injection models. Some have Turbo'd them.
          2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
          Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
          Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
          2005 CGM GTO.
          386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
          2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Working...
          X