2015 Chevy SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Chevy SS

Haven't been posting here in a while....

Traded the G8 GT in last November for this...

2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Manual 6 Speed, No Spare Tire, Sunroof.
    Got it with 8,300mi "new", it was a GM Exec car for half a year before I took delivery as the first title holder.

..What's funny is I got this the same way I got my G6 GTP way back in the day. I went to the same dealer with a flat on my previous car.. ended up seeing it on the lot.. and got it then and there.

So far mods are on the light side. Had to buy winter wheels / tires imediately as it was November, and I've been on a few vacation this summer, and trying to save for a house.
    So Far, just a 93 Octane custom tune, full LED conversion, swapped the factory HID bulbs out for 6000K, hardwired a dashcam, and did front and rear Holden emblems. Stock summer wheels/tires 19" (8" in front 245's, 9" rear 275) and some Tirerack MD19? wheels with Michelin X-ICE3's on them, 8" 245 18".

Man do I love being back in a manual...

Up to 21,000mi now 9mo in...

2015 Chevy SS, Perfect Blue Metallic, Sunroof, No Spare, M6
    Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms
    Go Stuff: Diablew 93 Octane Tune

Missed and not forgotten. Traded.
    2005 CGM GTO.
    386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
    2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Re: 2015 Chevy SS

i have been looking into getting one of these, any issues i should look out for?

I think it looks much better with the Holden badges, looks more natural.

Comment

I dig these cars. Makes me sad to see what the 2nd gen G8 could've been.

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post
        i have been looking into getting one of these, any issues i should look out for?

Really no big issues yet with them. Known thing is the rear bumper sags and you can see the clips under the rear tail lights. Brake squeal too, the Brembo's and pads they use stock make a lot of noise when stopping at low speed. They have a TSB on it and apply a special copper based lubricant that hushes it up a lot. Also don't get a 2014. 2015 added Magnetic Ride Control, and Rear Brembo brakes, not to mention Manual 6 speed. The 2016's get painted calipers, they delete the fog lights, and added hood vents, along with a baffled exhaust that opens at speed/high rpm to become louder. The only feature I like on the 2016's is the improved exhaust. 2017 will be out too, orders can be placed. It's the last year for them. No word on changes yet besides new colors.
        Appearance: Full LED Conversion, 6000L D3S HID Bulbs, Holden Rear and Front Embloms

2005 CGM GTO.
        386whp, 364ft-lb torque, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Tuning, K&N Intake, VX Tails, Halo Projectors
        2009 G8 GT SRM Premium Package, 6000K LED + HID Lows, Factory Bluetooth Retrofit, Atari Gauges, Factory iPod Control, 93 Octane Diablew Tune, Vararam Intake, MBR Strut Bar, Corsa Catback, DBA 4000SX Slotted + Drilled Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post

Really no big issues yet with them. Known thing is the rear bumper sags and you can see the clips under the rear tail lights. Brake squeal too, the Brembo's and pads they use stock make a lot of noise when stopping at low speed. They have a TSB on it and apply a special copper based lubricant that hushes it up a lot. Also don't get a 2014. 2015 added Magnetic Ride Control, and Rear Brembo brakes, not to mention Manual 6 speed. The 2016's get painted calipers, they delete the fog lights, and added hood vents, along with a baffled exhaust that opens at speed/high rpm to become louder. The only feature I like on the 2016's is the improved exhaust. 2017 will be out too, orders can be placed. It's the last year for them. No word on changes yet besides new colors.

2005 CGM GTO.

Comment

Just Wow! That car is so sweet it just took my breath away. I apologize for thinking dirty thoughts about your car.
            Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
            INDIAN WARRIORS
            1926-2010

Comment

How much did they want for the car...def love these cars

"Wheel gap can be compared to a vaginaa. The more fingers you can stick in the worse off you are. "

Comment

Yeah added this to the family. I asked about the 93octane tune in Useless posts then saw this thread. I have a Rotofab, Sole axle backs, and Holden grill and trunk badge in the mail. Want to do the tune after that.

Still have to do the cam in the G8

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster17 View Post
                  How much did they want for the car...def love these cars
                  They go 48-49K brand new. I got mine 42K with 1400 miles on it.

'08 G8 GT... 1 7/8" Kooks Blue Ceramic Coated Long tube Headers... 3" Xpipe...Magnaflow axle backs...Rotofab CAI...Heater hose relocate. Ported throttle body, intake manifold, Custom grind cam 227/237 .620/.604 LSA 113 +3, Circle D 3200 stall, 3.45 rear gear,Tuned by Redline
                  Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

'15 Chevy SS Some Like It Hot Red Holden Grill & trunk badge... Solo performance axle backs... Rotofab Intake, Mobile attractions front splitter

Comment

Duplicate
                    Last edited by popsicle; 08-20-2016, 11:44 AM. Reason: duplicate

Dyno 438 WHP 415 WTQ

Comment

I love that car. It's too bad they don't sell them in Canada. GM forced me to look elsewhere, so I ended up with my Genesis Coupe. My next vehicle us more than likely going to be a Mustang GT.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

sigpic
                      Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

Originally posted by TLS2000 View Post
                        I love that car. It's too bad they don't sell them in Canada. GM forced me to look elsewhere, so I ended up with my Genesis Coupe. My next vehicle us more than likely going to be a Mustang GT.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
                        I agree. The Chevy SS should be offered in Canada. But at least there's the Camaro.

Comment

Beautiful!!
                          Mods: Crabs CAB w/ FPU, GT-R Exhaust, Racingline Strut Tower Bar, KYB schock/struts, EBC Rotors w/ ceramic pads, Aftermarket Sound System

Comment

I'm digging the SS!

Comment

Working...
                            X