Heated Leather Seat Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated Leather Seat Wiring

I just picked up a full leather interior for my 07 G6 V6 SE. I was wondering of someone could help me with wiring up the heated seats. I got the seats from a 06 GT (no seat airbags). My G6 has every option but the heated leather seats. I looked in the front passenger fuse block and there is a fuse for heated seats/roof (cause i have the sun and sound package). I looked in my trunk fuse block and i have a fuse and power in the heated seat location. I traced the fuse power to a single red/white wire coming out the back. I looked at the rear fuse block in the car i got the seats from and there are 2 red/white wires coming from out the back in that spot. I have searched on here and know:

Red/White wire - is the battery power which comes from the rear fuse block in the trunk.
    Yellow wire - Ignition
    Gray wire - Illumination
    Black wire - Ground

I will probably run another red/white wire to the other seat because i don't trust splicing it and 1 wire being able to handle the amps for both seats.

I was thinking of just doing add a fuse for the yellow wire and putting it in the ignition switch fuse. i figured i could run 1 wire to both seats and splice it because that will be low amp draw.

I was thinking of doing an add a fuse and using the Steering wheel illumination fuse for back lighting, and like the ignition switch i could run 1 wire and splice it for both seats because of low draw.

And ground is easy cause i just have to find any ground point.

I'm wondering how anyone else has done theirs. I also am very particular about trying to keep everything looking as stock as possible so I was wondering if anyone has run the wiring from the stock locations from a GT/GTP and if they had any info on exactly where they tapped in every wire from on the back of the fuse blocks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
    -Brian
    Last edited by bjm431; 08-01-2016, 06:16 PM.

Re: Heated Leather Seat Wiring

So, did this work for you?
    My progression page Clicky

Comment

Yeah so what I actually did was use stock wiring, because I wanted to wire the seats in as they should be in the stock locations without using add a fuse. I went to pull a part and found a gt that just got in the lot in good shape. I ripped out the whole interior and traced the wiring from the seats into the trunk and be the front fuse block. I took pics of where they wires plugged into the rear block and under dashboard block. I then depinned the bock and the connector under the seat and pulled my wiring out. Had to carefully cut a crap ton of electrical tape, but got all the wires. When I went to the front to pay guy let me go with the wiring as my attendance prize (what I call it when they don't charge you for something cause you spent 2 bucks to get in). I don't have any pics of the install but here are the pics of where the wires plug into.

First, the power wires for the heated elements are the red and white wires located in the top black part, just below the bolt head and above the large red and white wire. They will be 2 wires with 1 connector.

Second, the illumination wires are the gray wires that I am holding. They are located in the same block as the red and white wires. They are 3 right and 3 up from the bottom left corner, or just to the left and up 1 from the red and black wire.

Lastly, the double yellow wire is the ignition wire. It is located in the red block below the dash by the passenger left leg. The wires are in the second box to the left, below the large red and black wire.

The black wires are ground wires and they run under the front driver dash where a ground bolt is.

All the wires in the trunk run under the driver side lower plastic trim, then under the carpet to driver seat, then passenger wires run under center console to passenger seat. The yellow wires run under center console and then solit to driver and passenger seat. The ground wires run from under driver dash, under driver plastic trim and then follow the red/white and gray wires to their respective seats. The existing plugs under the seat have openings to accept the connectors on the end of the wires.

Under the driver seat the connector wiring should look like so:
      from left to the right: the black ground is the top left #1, gray is top #3, the red/white is top #4 and the yellow is top #5

Under the passenger seat the connector wiring should look like so:
      from left to right: the gray is top #3, the black is top #6, the yellow is bottom #1, and red/white is bottom #4 (i think, if that spot is taken then its the top #2, i cant check the car right now, I'm just going off the pics i took.)
      ***In the 2nd pic i flipped the connector over for a better view. So when looking at the top of the connector the yellow wire will be the bottom #1 spot.***

The passenger connector will have all the spots occupied after the heated seats are wired up. Because of the passenger seat airbag sensor there are no open spots after the heated seat plugs are installed.

If anyone needs any clarification just ask.
      Last edited by bjm431; 05-24-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

This is great.
        Yeah, Shots of the plugs under the seat would be helpful.

Thanks!!
        My progression page Clicky

Comment

FentonDude, I updated the original post with pictures of the connectors too.

Comment

This is great knowledge. Thanks for this post. We have Cloth heated seats in out 07, and I have been contemplating replacing it with another, but we are having a hard time finding cloth heated seats. Most cars we would consider do not have heated seats. This write-up would allow me to swap our seats over to the new if I found one.
            2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Working...
            X