door mirror motor removal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door mirror motor removal...

I wanted to put up a How-To regarding the steps in swapping out the mirrors inside the side mirror. I had to drill one hole to get the torx but in there. I had a door mirror with the glass off already so I'm starting with it this way.

I would suggest getting you replacement glass for the case of where you might crack it.
    So here we gooooooooo!

Step 1: remove door mirror and pop off the mirror. The back side of the glass has a clip and ball sockets that use the ball ends to move the mirror around. These ball sockets are connected to the inside motors. So once you get the glass off, it's easy from there.

Step 2: 2 of 3 T10 torx head screws are open to get at easy. The third one takes the deal of drilling one hloe to get to it by going through the motor case. Shown where the hole should be drilled at, is my torx tool that is sitting through the drilled hole.

Step 4: pop off the motor housing to drill one hole. I used a 11/64 sized drill bit. This will give you the chance to get at the 3rd T10 torx screw.

And then just pull the mirror plug through the side mirror and you can swap in your replacement motor.

If you pop your mirror off and the ball sockets still have them on the mirror, don't worry. Just pop them out the the mirror's socket and push them into the motor when you get the motor cover off.

This is what the balled end that goes into the mirrors socket on the back side of the mirror.

This gets pushed on and pushed down 2 clicks. 3 clicks the most. Shown here is the ball arm onto the motor.

I hope this helps and i also did this how to for my next LED light mod.

Enjoy all!

Re: door mirror motor removal...

Easier to just replace the whole mirror assembly. The mirror motor and mechanism are fragile and a PITA to work with.

Comment

Re: door mirror motor removal...

I agree. This is to also give people the chance to do more to their mirror though. Painting and other customizing for examples. I did LEDs behind the glass as my personal touch and had to take off the mount inside the mirror. That's why I did this how-to.

Here is what I did.

Last edited by GMManof3; 07-18-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X