1 inch wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 inch wheel spacers

Pros and Cons Please, also other size information...Thanks!

Re: 1 inch wheel spacers

our wheel hub bore size is 65.1mm, 5x110 bolt pattern. Pro: 1" spacer is that you get wider stance. Con: unusual amount of stress on wheel bearing. Wider wheels with a less wider of a spacer is better. I'm going with 18 inch wheels with 8.5 width wheel and a 12mm spacer with 70mm length wheel studs.

Comment

I run 1" spacers and haven't had much probs at all. Technically the wider stance gives you better handling through corners as well which is another pro, if your a speed racer! But yeah a low offset on your rim with a wide rim is a better counter to the heavy wheel bearing stress. But low offset rims are usually pretty pricy and so replacing the wheel bearings sooner in the time you own the car, IMO big whoop. But low offset rims looks sweet. My goal is to find some +35 offset rims 9" wide and prob still keep my 1" spacers, that should hopefully run close to flush :P
      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

I got wheel "adapters", but got the same lug pattern. that way the spacer bolts to the hub and the wheel bolts to the spacer. look it up on ebay and youll see what i mean
          sigpic
          Wheels, Hood, Taillights, Engine, Doors, Mirrors, Bumpers,
          Windows, Trunk, Seats, Radio, Carpet, Muffler, Sunroof,
          Shifter, Pedals, Headlights, Grilles, Door Panels, etc.

Comment

Thanks! 3^6.......Dave

Comment

I did the "adapters" as well, but went with a 114.3 lug size. It's a very common size for imports, and decent used wheels were cheaper than 110mm.
              My progression page Clicky

Comment

Thanks for Your input FD, It's Appreciated... Dave

Comment

Working...
                X