What a disappointment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a disappointment!

I bought an '06 G6 in '07. I always liked the great pickup it had. It is a cheap plastic car but it has been fun to drive. Until the recall stuff, then the dome light switch busts, then the gasket for the elbow thing by the oil filter leaks, then the head gasket starts to seep, then the mystery water on the floorboards, then the random alarm going off. Pontiac sure went out with a whimper. It is without question the biggest vehicle disappointment I have had, and I had a Dodge Caravan!

Re: What a disappointment!

Was this necessary?

Comment

My 2005 with 110,000 miles works fine.

Comment

Everyone had a different experience with the G6/Malibu/Aura. I was pleased that my Malibu did not encounter major troubles such as head gasket failure. But these cars have a random reliability unfortunatly. They need to be taken care more than other competitor cars like Accord or Camry. In my opinion the biggest problem are the suspension system and the brake system. GM should have beefed them up to be more robust. The steering rack is a big problem as well.

Comment

i have an 05 with 90k on it, the only issue i have had is with the brake and suspension systems(this thing burns through pads). i just don't feel like it was necessary to post something like that on a site that is meant to be helpful. IDK maybe i'm crazy. i do agree that every vehicle on this platform had its quirks.

Comment

I got an '05 with 145k miles and it runs like a dream. It does have its own little sounds here and there and is somewhat noisy on the highway, but I love this car. I'm going to keep her up until the day she dies. I am not ready to trade in knobs and buttons for a screen yet (just added bluetooth to the stock radio, I'm modernizing it :P).

But agreed, why post that? Was it really necessary to take your time and write something like that, instead spend that time looking for a new car and don't be negative about it.
            Last edited by Maty; 06-10-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Congratulations?

You never mention how many miles are on your 10 year old car. Some of those could even be related to one another (water leak and random alarm.)

I did enjoy the Caravan comment though.
              2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post
                i have an 05 with 90k on it, the only issue i have had is with the brake and suspension systems(this thing burns through pads). i just don't feel like it was necessary to post something like that on a site that is meant to be helpful. IDK maybe i'm crazy. i do agree that every vehicle on this platform had its quirks.
                Yeah, I agree I could have mention the post was kind of a waste of time and useless.

Comment

I had an 05 with 235,000 miles or 360,000 kms and it still worked great! I sold it actually. Over those miles very little issues, sunroof yes... An a few other things but no car is perfect... If you find one let me know!
                  I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                  http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

My 06 has 162,000 miles and the only problem I have had was a small oil leak.

Don't see why you felt that this post was needed.

Comment

Funnier if he would have used, " you know what really grinds my gears!" I too, have had some tough maintenance issues and I fixed 90% of them though. Just post less of these kind of disappointment posts in the future please.

Comment

You know what really grinds my gears? When people join a forum to complain about their car. Not to seek help. Just to talk crap.
                        Maybe maintenance played a big roll here, maybe the car was a abused. Maybe it was neglected until something absolutely needed replacing.

Needless to say.
                        A random thread about a 10 year old car having slight issues and leaks is pretty pointless.

Comment

@Cruisin That is what i was getting at lol, i am glad i am not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by tylertlc View Post
                            @Cruisin That is what i was getting at lol, i am glad i am not the only one.
                            lol I'll be honest I didn't read all the replies in the thread, but yea same page!

Comment

224,000 miles on mine, still runs great!

it is really maintained though.
                              Performance: WAMS, K&N 69 Series CAI, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust built with a Camaro SS Muffler and Glasspack with 4 inch double-wall stainless steel tips, Thunderbolt 8.2mm High-Performance Spark Plug Wires, NGK Laser Iridium Spark Plugs, Pennzoil Ultra Full Synthetic, Resonator Delete, Racingline Motor Mount Inserts, Racingline Grounding kit. (4 additional grounds from battery to front bumper for DDM tuning HIDS)

Handling: Moog Front Control Arms and Toe Ends, Racingline STB, Koni Yellow "4 Point" Suspension -Front to Rear- , Energy Suspension Poly Front Sway Bar bushings, Energy Suspension Tie-rod bushings, Energy Suspension Front Control Arm replacement mounts, Eibach Pro-kit springs, BMD Front Endlinks, Genuine Saab .9mm Rear Chamber Shims, 19mm Motorsports spacers on all 4 tires.

Stopping: Cobalt SS Front Brembo's, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted Front Rotors, R1Concepts Premium Cross-slotted and Drilled rear Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid, BMD Steel Braided Brake Lines, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires.

Appearance: Revotec Eagle Eye CCFL Projectors, Red Calibers, 6000k 35w DDM fogs, 6000k 55w DDM lows, LED Taillights, DDM Tuning LED Switchback Turn Signals, Konig Crown 17x7.5 Rims. 30% tint in front windows, rear windows @ 15% tint

Safety & Security: Cobra XRS 9470 Radar Detector, Experimental 2mm rear mounted camera with Bluetooth connectivity to my phone, GOSHERS Universal Blind Spot Detection System w/ LED Indicators, Waze GPS App with a windshield mount for early warning for police coupled with Radar Detector (double-whammy).

Experimental: BG 44k, BG MOA, BG ATC, Custom Transmission Cooler, Super Secret Flux-capacitor transporter, Header reflective wrap, CAI 2000 degree radiant reflective wrap.

Progression: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22823

Comment

Working...
                              X