Radio vs A/C Controls color..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio vs A/C Controls color..

So I picked a head unit at my local junkyard with AUX and installed/had it unlocked from a dealer. My question here is regarding the difference in color of the two "devices". The radio has more of a brown hue and the AC controls definitely has more of a slate grey hue.. So I went back the JY and looked into multiple units and all of them seemed to have a similar (if not as distinct) difference in color.. I even compared the old HU from my car to the new one and still there appears to be a difference in color.. Is this "normal" or do I just happen to be picking the wrong units for comparison.. I have attached a pic to show what mine currently looks like.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Re: Radio vs A/C Controls color..

Maybe just give it a good cleaning? I wonder if someone smoked in the car it came out of.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Well, you could always repaint it. I also have a How-To for that. You could always swap out that stereo to a double din and get yourself the 2010 style speedometer instrument cluster and call it done. Or eventually of course.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
        Well, you could always repaint it. I also have a How-To for that. You could always swap out that stereo to a double din and get yourself the 2010 style speedometer instrument cluster and call it done. Or eventually of course.
        How hard is the 2010 style instrument cluster to swap out? Is there a how-to for that? I feel pretty handy and I love doing stuff like that I just need to see if my local junkyard has a 2010 with the instrument cluster in good condition, and price a decent double din HU.. money, money...

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
          I forgot to mention I went by the JY today and all of the HU's seemed more great than mine.. I would just replace it one of those it's only $30 but then I would have to have it unlocked again and that was $70.. just for kicks here is what one cluster I removed looked like these are from the same vehicle.

Comment

Working...
          X