Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to disassemble those brembo calipers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to disassemble those brembo calipers...

Crummdaddy here with a very useful How-To....

My guide to taking out cobalt ss brembo pistons and dust boots in order to paint or powder coat.

Tools: a scribe, a flat head type tool resembling a flat head screwdriver, and a tool resembling
    this one in the picture:

Tip! Have a pair of dust boots on hand before you need to reassemble. I cut one and possibly damaged another. But I was figuring it out as I went along. I have my dust boot on the way from Crateenginedepot.com.

So two ways to get the pistols to pop out, but not completely out. Use compressed air or a flat head like scredriver. I used a flat head. And in the groove where the dust boot sits in, is where you want to pry out from. Like this:

Now if you choose to pop out the dust boot first then this is what needs to happen: get that pick in under the boot like so:

Then get this fat o-ring out in the piston cylinder chamber:

That's really all it takes. Have fun my g6 family!

Re: how to disassemble those brembo calipers...

Air is the best way I have found to do this. But don't forget to put a rag in between the caliper to take the impact. Those things shoot out. Also, keep your fingers clear.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

I would use a rag also or wood maybe? I have yet to own an air compressor. I sure do need one with air tools though. I'm dropping the brembos off tomorrow to get them powder coated. Wife said it was cool to do so.

Here come some white powder coated brembos all!

Comment

I already got my spare dust boots in everyone. I ordered mine from Crateenginedepot.com like I said I would. I am soaking my dust boots in brembo brake fluid when I do my swap out when putting on steel braided brake lines and replacing the GM Brake fluid out with brembo brake fluid. Can't wait to get my pearl white brembos back from the powder coating place.

Comment

Where did you get your stainless steel braided lines at?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
          GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
            I already got my spare dust boots in everyone. I ordered mine from Crateenginedepot.com like I said I would. I am soaking my dust boots in brembo brake fluid when I do my swap out when putting on steel braided brake lines and replacing the GM Brake fluid out with brembo brake fluid. Can't wait to get my pearl white brembos back from the powder coating place.
            Where did you get your brake lines done at?

GMPP Cat-Back Exhaust, MMS Headers, 3" DP with Electric cutout, Full CRAB Intake, RacingLine Street Motor Mounts, NRG Engine Damper, RacingLine Strut Tower Bar, Vector 91 ECM/TCM Tune/HSRK, R1Concept Brakes, HAWK Ceramic Pads, DW's 245/45/18 with TC Wheels, Poly. Sway Bar Bushings, 6000K HID's Lows & Fogs 35watts & 55watts 6,000K Hi-beams

Future: Slicks for the track & Maybe alittle Nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by uzun1986 View Post
              Where did you get your brake lines done at?

I had done them at home. The Hydraulic shop I am in, in the Air Force had left over lines that they did not need cause of the length being too short. So I snagged up the PTFE High Pressure lines and bought all the fittings to make them. I had found that Goodrich or HEL makes decently affordable lines

Comment

Are these on the car yet? Where are our pictures?!

Comment

Not on the car yet. Wife had me choose between suspension or brakes. I choose suspension since it has cheaper to do next, with the whole lowering and all. I actually have photos of the brembos and steel braided brake lines I made up in one photo

Comment

Working...
                  X