Door Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Sensor?

Hey all. I have a quick question regarding that beeping when you have the key on the "Acc" position. Some days I like to sit in the car (during breaks), leave the door open and listen to the radio, however that, "beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep...beep... beep..." kind of ruins the mood. I usually go to the "On" position, or sometimes shut the door and sit in the passenger side. However I feel weird sitting in the passenger side and I don't want to put the key on "On", drains more battery, etc, etc. Does someone have any idea on how to disable the beeping sound just for this scenario? On some older cars I've owned, I sometimes messed with the door latch and the car thought the door was closed and it did the trick, doesn't work here though. I can't find any information about the whereabouts of the sound. Just a lot of info about a door ajar DIC problem that apparently it is a common thing. If there is a fuse, that would be even better. But I figured with the part number (hence this thread), I can look for a schematic, or at least have a starting point. I been looking for a while and can't find anything. Any tips?

Re: Door Sensor?

Upgrade your dash to a 2010 and don't get the door ding module
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Or you could pull your dash and install a switch to the speaker so when the switch is off it doesn't ding
      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

But where is that sensor that tells it to ding? And the speaker is behind the dash? I thought they were usually under the steering wheel column to the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Maty View Post
          But where is that sensor that tells it to ding? And the speaker is behind the dash? I thought they were usually under the steering wheel column to the left.
          Ours are in the back of the instrument cluster. I'm not sure where the wire or fuse would be for that sensor, but you could remove the speaker and then solder wires, wire in a switch and put the speaker somewhere else, idk where but then you could turn of all dings if you wanted.

Progression Page

Comment

Door Sensor

Motion would prob be the best option.
            However, you could do something like this with a 2nd virtual switch- which I will call x for simplicity.

If door= open. And x = off and y= off
            Set light =on
            Set x = on.

Else if door = closed and x= on and y=off
            Set y = on.

Else if door = open and x = on and y=on
            Set x= off

Else if door = closed and x = off and y=on
            Set y=off
            Set light =off

The problem with this is while it works in theory, if some one opens the door, doesnt go in, and then closes it, they system gets confused.

I would go for a motion sensor, with a safe off time after last motion. You wouldnt want the lights going out with someone in there
            My choice mt4 ea for successful trading

Comment

Working...
            X