LED Headlight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LED Headlight?

Did you have to retrofit your stock headlights? Have any pics?

Comment

LED Headlight?

Originally posted by Maty View Post
      When I ran HIDs, on my stock set the only thing I had to do was cut holes in the back covers, for the wires. It came with a rubber idk what you call it but a think that kept water out that fit in the hole. And then I rubber siliconed around it to hold it in place and added water resistance

Here is some pics

Unless you meant for LEDs of which forget all of that aha
      Last edited by Newellzie; 05-04-2016, 12:29 PM.
      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

The H11 HID bulb fit perfect into the the headlight? I never tried it, but I guess it would make sense... I'm thinking about putting my HID into the stock headlights now and see how much better or worse it is than the Spyder. Can't hurt to try. The only thing that I love is the tinted chrome on the Spyders, it looks beautiful.

Comment

The H11 HID bulb fit perfect into the the headlight? I never tried it, but I guess it would make sense... I'm thinking about putting my HID into the stock headlights now and see how much better or worse it is than the Spyder. Can't hurt to try. The only thing that I love is the tinted chrome on the Spyders, it looks beautiful.
          Yeah I had no problem with the bulb. They fit fine and there is more then enough clearance.
          I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

No I didn't have to do any retrofitting to my stock headlight they fit in there perfectly and no I don't have any pictures but I am I can take some on the weekend when I get a change to get to my car

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden310 View Post
              No I didn't have to do any retrofitting to my stock headlight they fit in there perfectly and no I don't have any pictures but I am I can take some on the weekend when I get a change to get to my car

Sorry and yes I didn't have to drill a hole in the back cover to run the wires in which didn't take long.

Comment

Sorry and yes I didn't have to drill a hole in the back cover to run the wires in which didn't take long.

You didn't? Where did you put the ballast?

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
                  You didn't? Where did you put the ballast?
                  I mounted the Ballast to eh frame with the kit and put the ballasts upside down so no water or liquids got to the connectors. Also I put electrical grease as well to help with the connections.

Comment

I had a problem that I would burn bulbs and ballasts during winter once I did that with them I never burnt out a bulb or ballast again

Comment

I mounted the Ballast to eh frame with the kit and put the ballasts upside down so no water or liquids got to the connectors. Also I put electrical grease as well to help with the connections.

did you mean to say you did drill a hole? Because I'm still trying to figure how you ran the wires if you didn't

Progression Page

Comment

Yes that is what I am trying to say that I did drill a hole at the back of the cover for the headlights so I completely forgot about that back cover.

Comment

LED Headlight?

Yes that is what I am trying to say that I did drill a hole at the back of the cover for the headlights so I completely forgot about that back cover.

Oh ok just a typo aha ok cool cool, but basically yeah all in all we both agree that it's not hard and it's pretty quick, I think if I remember correctly, total install time was like 3 hours in total for both sides and that's only cause I had a prob getting my passenger side light assembly off, do to improper bumper install at the body shop. :P

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
                            Oh ok just a typo aha ok cool cool, but basically yeah all in all we both agree that it's not hard and it's pretty quick, I think if I remember correctly, total install time was like 3 hours in total for both sides and that's only cause I had a prob getting my passenger side light assembly off, do to improper bumper install at the body shop. :P
                            Yes that is correct and really eh it took me about 45 mins to install.

Comment

That's awesome. I already got the HID mounted onto the car (they held up through winter, in Michigan), and a relay that connects them directly to the battery, so changing them shouldn't be too hard. I am looking into taking apart and tinting my stock headlights. The little "cap" that is in front of the bulb so other drivers don't look directly into the light fell from one of the headlights and I can't get my fingers in there to snap it back. It's just loose inside of the headlight. I definitely think I'll be doing this over the summer.

Thinking about it now, how do HID shine without having a projector? I thought they needed one or else you're blinding other drivers.

Comment

Yes that is correct and really eh it took me about 45 mins to install.

Yeah the one side too 20 mins and the other too me an hour and a half due to the stupid bumper :/ lol and then idk I added drilling caps took like 20 mins so maybe only 2 hours or 2 and 1/4 but ik I could be a lot quicker if your bumper is normal

Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                                X