09.5 - 10 Radio & AC Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale 09.5 - 10 Radio & AC Unit

Hey guys, so looking through the local junkyard I found a pretty nice set of the 09.5-10 radio and AC unit. I took it off and everything, it looked great, like it was going to work, the car had a front end collision, but the interior was pretty pristine. However after taking it off and comparing it to a nearby 05-08 G6, the connection was different... So I left it, however I really feel like this kind of radio deserves a better place than there. If anyone is interested in this, let me know and I'll go back and get it, shoot me an offer too. I'm not looking to make too much money, just to pay it off and a small profit.

On the other hand, if someone knows how to hook up this radio into the 05 model, let me know as well! I really wanted it, however the connection is different. The current radio I have has 1 long and 1 short connection, this 09 radio has 2 mediocre ones. I've seen all over the forum that a 09 radio will fit 05, but how? Anyways, getting out of topic. If someone is interested let me know, I can't guarantee it will work, but it looks like it will.

PS. The AC head unit has the same connection in the back, this one should work.

Re: 09.5 - 10 Radio & AC Unit

I put a 2010 automatic A/C head unit into my 2007 GTP with Auto A/C. I checked the wiring diagrams before I ordered it on eBay, and the wiring is identical (for the auto A/C anyway, did not check the standard A/C head unit). When I went to install the newer head unit, one plug (I think it was the black one) has a different locator key molded into the connector. All I had to do was trim the extra molding off of the car side connector so it would plug in. Once plugged in the 2010 HVAC head unit works perfect and is a huge upgrade! The temp display in my original unit was very hard to read in the daylight. The new style uses larger white LCD temp display which is easy to read in daylight and the larger control knobs look better and are easier to use. This is a great upgrade if you can find the parts. Just wanted to let people know the newer automatic HVAC unit is a direct replacement (for 2007 anyway) but you do need to modify one of the connected to get it to fit. The pins are all the same, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

09.5 - 10 Radio & AC Unit

Originally posted by Maty View Post
      Hey guys, so looking through the local junkyard I found a pretty nice set of the 09.5-10 radio and AC unit. I took it off and everything, it looked great, like it was going to work, the car had a front end collision, but the interior was pretty pristine. However after taking it off and comparing it to a nearby 05-08 G6, the connection was different... So I left it, however I really feel like this kind of radio deserves a better place than there. If anyone is interested in this, let me know and I'll go back and get it, shoot me an offer too. I'm not looking to make too much money, just to pay it off and a small profit.

On the other hand, if someone knows how to hook up this radio into the 05 model, let me know as well! I really wanted it, however the connection is different. The current radio I have has 1 long and 1 short connection, this 09 radio has 2 mediocre ones. I've seen all over the forum that a 09 radio will fit 05, but how? Anyways, getting out of topic. If someone is interested let me know, I can't guarantee it will work, but it looks like it will.

PS. The AC head unit has the same connection in the back, this one should work.
      Is the ac unit black? And how much? If yes to the first question that would be sweet man and I'm interested!
      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

I made a conversion harness to plug the 09.5-10 radio into my 07. Never got around to getting the radio unlocked, hopefully soon. I plugged it in and it powered up as shown in the photo below.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Ahh, that's really unfortunate, at least you got all of the parts, really hope it works. I decided against putting the new radio, I don't want to change the dash to keep the DIC, I'll keep the old looks.

And yes newellzie, I don't think they make any other color, it's the one in the picture below.

Comment

And yes newellzie, I don't think they make any other color, it's the one in the picture below.

Comment

oh wow, did not know a silver interior existed, I don't like it as much. I like the black/red combo and the round air vents. That''s very different. Thanks for showing me that though.

Comment

oh wow, did not know a silver interior existed, I don't like it as much. I like the black/red combo and the round air vents. That''s very different. Thanks for showing me that though.
                Yeah I like the black way better too this is the one i was looking for. It's the auto ac.

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

It's the 08+ Malibu

Comment

I was looking at that auto AC too, I kinda dig it, however the connection on the back is different. I don't know how you would go on about wiring that one up.

This is the connection of the most common AC unit, the one without any display, the 05+ models

This is the back of the one with the AC unit that has the digital display and 2 knobs on the side

Comment

I was looking at that auto AC too, I kinda dig it, however the connection on the back is different. I don't know how you would go on about wiring that one up.

This is the connection of the most common AC unit, the one without any display, the 05+ models

This is the back of the one with the AC unit that has the digital display and 2 knobs on the side
                      You can't ad the auto if you don't already have it, I have the auto in my 07 GTP and so I believe it's the same as the 09-10 auto. At least according to Shawn it's the same

Progression Page

Comment

Here is the back of the 06-09 auto temp

Progression Page

Comment

Ah, I see what you were looking for. Yeah, unfortunately the one I found doesn't have the digital display.

Comment

Even if the backs were compatible, you wouldn't have all the sensors needed for the automatic climate control to work.

Comment

These still for sale?

Comment

Working...
                              X