Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam

Whats your guys opinion on this?

I had a grand prix and I seafoamed the intake 2 times a year, gas once a year, and did the crankcase once a year.

Have had this 08 g6 coupe for 20K miles now, never dared to do it. Has 103K miles on it now.

Fuel tank I hear that you may have to replace fuel filter.

Crankcase is oil+filter(easy)

and intake you may have to replace plugs?

I just did my plugs at 92K so i really do not want to do that again. That one on the passenger side on the rear of engine was not fun at all. I have little arms and hands, but i had alot of trouble with it.

Crankcase shouldn't be a problem at all, same with fuel tank.

My grand prix, i never had to replace anything with seafoam. I did replace fuel filter after the first time with fuel tank, and did brake booster line right before i did my plugs and wires, but the next time i had no problems.

Good, or bad idea? I hate to replace plugs mainly.

Re: Seafoam

These cars don't have a fuel filter, just a screen on the pump.

Seafoam through intake cause plugs to be replaced? Never heard of that. I seafoam my car pretty often, never had an issue.

Seafoam also says you can add it to new oil as an additive or old oil to help clean before a change

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
      These cars don't have a fuel filter, just a screen on the pump.

Seafoam through intake cause plugs to be replaced? Never heard of that. I seafoam my car pretty often, never had an issue.

Seafoam also says you can add it to new oil as an additive or old oil to help clean before a change

I see, i have seen alot of people say it fouling the plugs. Also it is noted by seafoam that you should add to crankcase 50-100 miles before a oil change. That info is widespread, google search easily shows that.

I guess i never looked and seen if i had a fuel filter, stupid me. Ill be seafoaming my g6 tomorrow when I get it back from the alignment shop.

Comment

From Seafoam's website:
        -Add Sea Foam to your engine oil before or after every oil change interval – just pour into your engine’s oil filler neck!
        -For routine crankcase cleaning, add Sea Foam to your engine’s oil (into the oil filler neck) 100 to 300 drive miles before a scheduled oil and filter change.

As for fouling plugs, it's believed that as the seafoam cleans the gunk off your intake and valves it can cause the crap to dirty up the plugs. IMO that maybe an issue on those dirty gdi engines, but even then this stuff does a pretty job at breaking it down into much smaller harmless pieces

Comment

I posted to soon and can't edit
          I was going to add, while I've never seen seafoam foul up plugs, I have read about it online, and to me it seems there's other factors related to causing the issues, but it's hard to say for sure.
          What I can say for sure is that I've ran it everywhere in my G6 and never had an issue. Only improvements after using it.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
            I posted to soon and can't edit
            I was going to add, while I've never seen seafoam foul up plugs, I have read about it online, and to me it seems there's other factors related to causing the issues, but it's hard to say for sure.
            What I can say for sure is that I've ran it everywhere in my G6 and never had an issue. Only improvements after using it.

Ok great. I seafoamed my 03 impala that has 200K miles and it smoked like crazy. I might seafoam it again in a thousand miles. The owner ran 15w40 diesel oil in it for 170K miles. I switched to 10w30 mobile super oil. I normally run synthetic in my vehicles, but i figured regular conventional would be better in this situation. I normally run 5w30, but 15w40 to 5w30 would be a huge change in the thickness of oil. I hope this impala last me another 50-75K miles.

Got it for dirt cheap 350$. It was pissing gas from fuel filter. I replaced fuel regulator, and fuel filter, and air filter. I have to put in shocks+struts, lcas, tie rod ends, sway bar linkage and it should be nice and tight for driving while I get my oil filter gasket done on my g6 and a few other misc items.

Comment

Before Seafoam...

Feels good man. ive been seafoaming regularly every 3 months and my car hasnt had any issues yet although i did just replace the spark plugs last year with some NGK preformance plugs and wires maybe il check them out see if there's any corrosion btw is that good economy for our cars? the lowest ive gotten mine to read out on is 8.3L/100KM but it was boring and i was driving like a sane person. highest i believe i had was 11.6L/100KM and that was with three stuck caliper slider pins and a shot caliper.

Comment

Working...
              X