What rotors do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rotors do you use?

Hello everyone, long time no see. I was in the market to look for a new brake kit, it's about time. I am not looking to go into the bigger SAAB rotors or get Brembos, just looking for a DD set. For the brake pads I decided to settle on the Autozone Gold pads (maybe Cmax, don't know yet). However as for rotors, I am stuck deciding what to use.

So I am just asking what rotors you had luck with, especially with noise. The squeaky noise will drive me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

Re: What rotors do you use?

I use the same Cmax gold pads (cant beat the lifetime warranty) with R1 concepts drilled and slotted rotors. Now that I think about it I've put close to 100,000 miles on them. Never had a problem.
    2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

On the same rotors? Wow that's pretty good... I was looking at the R1 concepts (don't want any holes or slots), they are pretty pricey though, compared to the brands at Rockauto.

Comment

centric cryogenic rotors. They make plain or slotted ones. My wife's Pathfinder, I threw a pair on hers. They are amazing!

Comment

Rotors don't usually cause squeaks that's more pads and hardware. The Duralast Cmax are ok pads. You'd do better with the Raybestos or the Oreilly house brand (Brake Best). For rotors Raybestos makes some decent economy rotors.
          1972 F100
          1978 Twinstar
          1992 Miata
          2014 Mustang

Comment

The stock rotors from the Cobalt Brembos. They're labeled AC Delco, but they're cast in Germany from high quality steel. They barely rust compared to the Autozone rears. Cost about $50 a piece with free shipping on Amazon. IMO you can't beat the Brembos. You can get them done all in for about $600. It's worth the extra money for the extra performance over the Saab kit and not having to modify your knuckle. A true bolt on product is worth it.

Comment

I have eBay rotors and ceramic pads I love them not one problem I've really abused them a few times (like 120 to 30 abrupt stopping) they hold up great
              2009 pontiac g6 GT sedan- HPtuners tune - Borla exhaust - stock intake with fram filter - drilled and slotted rotors/ceramic pads - trans cooler - full LED conversion(interior) - many mods to come(:

Comment

I will add that if you decide to go Brembo, the stock pads are pretty killer. They're Ferodo HP1000 which is the same compound used stock on many supercars.
                You'll get better brake feel going from a sliding caliper to a fixed caliper. The rotors are just under an inch larger in diameter and a good deal thicker, but the pads have probably double the surface area of stock pads. There are many cars where a comparable set of Brembo big brake kits cost $1,200-$1,500. The Cobalt ones are basically the best bang for your buck brakes I've ever come across for any car.

Comment

Appreciate all of the input. I like that Brembo rotor, however I'm not sure I need to or want to spend that much. Car is getting old, I don't want to dump a lot of money on it, I got a few mechanical issues to fix this summer. I think I'll go with this Centric, http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-.../dp/B000IY7ZQA

And as for the pads, are the AZ Cmax just ok? I mainly went for them because of the lifetime warranty and hassle-free exchange that they do at my nearest store. I looked at many (non-store) brands and none of them offer lifetime warranty, it's all 90 days or 3,000 miles, or around that range. Are the brake best better than AZ pads? I'm usually an AZ guy, out of the hundred parts that I bought there, probably less than 5 were faulty, and they wouldn't exchange 1 of them, I'd say it's a pretty good record nothing is perfect.

Comment

Good choices to choose from. Centric is dependable with no second guessing. I hope those mechanical issues don't make you use tissues. I have some maintenance tasks to complete as well.

Comment

The Cmax are alright. They're probably my #4 choice at work. Usually only use them if my preferred choices aren't available and the job has to happen right then. I believe the Oreilly top of the line Brake Best pads are better. I used a set all the way around on my bosses truck and he loves them. Swears they are the best pad he's ever had and he is a picky person. Honestly my top choice for brake pads is the AC Delcos. I use them whenever they are available.
                      1972 F100
                      1978 Twinstar
                      1992 Miata
                      2014 Mustang

Comment

I'm still using the R1 Concepts eLine rotors and pads that I've had since I ran the group purchase. I'm looking to upgrade them to the premiums so they look nice with my rims but I've been waiting for a decent sale.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
                        Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

I'm waiting on a set of Hart drilled and slotted rotors, I've seen a few guys on a TBSS forum put them on their trucks so I'm giving them a shot. I'll let you guys know how they hold up.

Comment

Working...
                          X