Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know why the convertable has a small mid pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anyone know why the convertable has a small mid pipe?

Originally posted by gwizzer View Post
    Id say 2.5 inch is easily done . 3 inch might be to wide to clear the fuel tank passage. DOes the regular g6 have al the x brace mounting extensions that are on the convertable. It also looks to me like the convertable has a lot thicker metal in the actuall floor itself. Id have to see a pic of the standard one to compare. http://www.cannondaleriders.com/foru...opic=27285&hl=
    As far as the spacer I took some 1 inch tall nuts and one inch longer bolts and just spaced the end of the left rear bracket down .Simple as it gets.
    Cool cool! And no we have no X's or anything down there. And yeah idk it's hard to tell if there is more or less metal because I haven't had a vert and so it's hard to tell through pics and through all the bracing
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by davez26 View Post
      Sounds like some one eliminated the resonator. When I bought mine, it had the resonator, and it had the exhaust whistle, (google it), and Carmax replaced it...with a glass pack. Anyway, it sounds pretty good, and factory had a resonator there. I checked with my GM parts department, and the best we could figure the difference in HP comes from the piping being twisted around everything back there.
      I have had the convertible about 5 years now, and I love it. A strut brace helps, I think I used a Malibu one, you can feel the difference there.
      Sure, I worry about the top, the only problem I have had is a broken cable on the left. I keep the linkages, and weatherstrips all lubed probably twice a year.
      Enjoy the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Hey Dave - can you recall what year you could pull the Strut Brace from the Malibu? I have an 07 convertible that I'm loving I just need to 1) stiffen up the suspension and 2) find a circular subwoofer box to put in the truck

Comment

15286584, 2007 Malibu, and probably other years.
        It will stiffen the cowl quite a bit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X