Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP

I'm back!!! And here today stay aha! December has been a busy month so I didn't get on here but I found a great deal on a black 07 G6 GTP so a new progression it is!!!

Picked her up with only 55,600kms approx 34,000 miles

Had to do some work to get her road worthy, (need emissions test here) so I replaced a couple o2 sensors, turned out the p1174 code that I had was actually a cat, which I got a p0420 I think after replacing the pre cat rear sensor, sooo I stole one of the o2 spacers off of my old G6 from racingline with the adjustable jets and it worked perfect!

Plus I got the headlights swapped, now to begin the progress, I'm still not sure where I'm gunna go or what I'm gunna do with her, but the plans as of right now is custom practical competition car audio set up, my MMI's, Trany cooler, tune, cold air (from prior experience crabs if I stay with stock manifold), some exhaust work, coilovers and 19" rims with chrome white and black as the theme. Custom work may include, RWD LY7 intake manifold or custom intake manifold, headers from milzy, turbo. As for right now, just trying to recoup from the purchase lol!

I will try to get some better pics but for now here are a few. As for my 05 GT, well she's gunna have to go
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP

Here is an update on my progress. Have had it done for a little bit now but been busy to post...

I swapped over my head unit and metra unit.

As well as wired my car with 2ga JL ofc power wire and added 1 JLw6 in a custom made box, the smallest if can possibly be! Going for a more practical set up but still sounds great!

The box is actually made to ported specs but I'm trying it sealed for now

Oh and added this guy!!

And here is a few more pics of the car

Last edited by Newellzie; 02-08-2016, 07:27 PM.
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP

I have had this done for a little bit now but here is an update to the car! I did grounding kit, added steering wheel controls, and got my Hd 900/5 for my all in 1 amp!

Steering wheel controls and amp!

I cut the actually car harness for my wires that were needed and added quick connect crimp ends, cause otherwise I would have had to get actual pins and ad the pins to the metra harness, something I didn't want to wait for but for anyone else who is going to do this might want to consider

Best 5 channel amp! Sounds amazing! Now just to install my new doors! and soundproof!!!

And of course who doesn't like these eyes

Last edited by Newellzie; 03-25-2016, 10:44 PM.

Progression Page

Comment

Re: Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP

Nice find. I'm late on your new car but you said turbo, so I'll wait to see the results.

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
          Nice find. I'm late on your new car but you said turbo, so I'll wait to see the results.
          Aha yeah I def would love too and I hope to but if it happens it is not going to be for a bit aha, however don't get your hopes up :P lol

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
            Aha yeah I def would love too and I hope to but if it happens it is not going to be for a bit aha, however don't get your hopes up :P lol
            I believe in you!

Comment

I believe in you!
              Lol that makes one of us! Ahaha but it would be sweet, like the old ss kits or w/e they were called

Progression Page

Comment

Looks sweet so far. One minor critique tho, get rid of that Fram oil filter. You don't want cardboard in your oil.
                Current Mods: K&N Typhoon Air Intake System, 10000K DDM HID Lows and fogs, 6000K Highs, 18" Forte Nokturnal rims, Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 Tires, Chrome upper and lower grilles, self tinted tail lights, self painted interior pieces, RacingLine front strut tower bar, GT-R exhaust, Blue painted Calipers, Lampoon blue dart overlays, LED reverse lights, sometimes a WAMS tune,Brembo Brake Conversion, Cobalt SS rear Brake conversion, 15mm H&R Spacers, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Eagle Eye CCFL Headlights, Optima Yellow top Battery, Moog Control Arms & Tie rod ends, BMD SS Brake Lines, BMD Swaybar Links, White LED Gauge Lights,

RIP
                INDIAN WARRIORS
                1926-2010

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone86 View Post
                  Looks sweet so far. One minor critique tho, get rid of that Fram oil filter. You don't want cardboard in your oil.
                  LOL 😂 some people like Fram other hate aha I hoesntly liked Fram better on my old g6 then when I put on mobile filters, the idk what it was but it was slightly cleaner and their easier to get off.... But I'm with you man so I switched to WIX synthetic filters, if I don't like those then I guess K&N all the way, there just a little more expensive. But w/e they do have the wrench off! 👌🏻

Progression Page

Comment

Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP

So I did more stuff, and it wasn't really planned but it started out being just removing the intake resonator

But then I was like meh let's ad a filter for the time being until I get the cold air system

I also repaired my lights, the connectors were crap so I ordered the upgraded wearer ones many on here have done but they are not supposed to be here until June so I just connected them to the car for now

This is what one connector looked like, the other I meant to get a pic but my ground was burnt around the entire whole

And then I was like well... Why not throw my old rims on. And so that also meant my 25mm spacers

And that's all for now but more will come! I also hope to post a vid on what my I take sounds like

Progression Page

Comment

Jeez, how many car do you own?

Comment

Jeez, how many car do you own?
                        Lol too many :P aha nah, I'm only 19 so I live at home with the fam, so mine is the g6 and the talon is in the garage, my mom and dad have the fusion and dodge caravan, and that sable is just a car my dad for some weird reason doesn't want to get rid of but doesn't want to do anything with it either lol :P

Progression Page

Comment

hey Mack, we both need some hoods with scoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
                            ...and that sable is just a car my dad for some weird reason doesn't want to get rid of but doesn't want to do anything with it either lol :P
                            Ha! Supercharge that Sable!

I miss my Malibu's power sometimes. Whish I had money to have a more powerful car than my 99 Corolla. :/

Comment

Ha! Supercharge that Sable!

I miss my Malibu's power sometimes. Whish I had money to have a more powerful car than my 99 Corolla. :/
                              Honestly when I was 16 I was thinking of taking it and putting a sick sub system in the back and swapping a sho tarus engine into it! They freakin make a body kit for it even. It was going to be the pimp mobile!! Lol

Awe buddy some day you will upgrade again :'( for now I feel for you, here's a hug
                              \(^o^)/ lol

Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                              X