Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newellzie's 07 G6 GTP

A clean bae!

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
      Awe buddy some day you will upgrade again :'( for now I feel for you, here's a hug \(^o^)/ lol
      Haha!

Comment

So I installed my speakers on Tuesday night and Wednesday night, and also re-wired some wiring that I didn't like how I did it the first time :P

So there are som pics of the lovely messes caused by such a task but here's how it turns out

The sound from these babies are amazing! I truly love it! Clean, crisp and fills the car! I really think that the imaging tweeters really ad a nice dynamic to the listening experience. I still have yet to dynamate, officially mount imaging tweeters and crossovers, but it's coming. :P

I also had rubbing probs when I spaced out my tires so I did some cutting and grinding and custom work so that it's almost non existent (still rubs at certain body angles from bumps and depending on where the wheels are cocked too)

I then rocker guarded it all up, especially since I opened up my floor pan seam so I made sure that was well covered with rocker guard.

Lastly I added led lights for the interior again cause I loved the visibility!
        I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

I would definetly flip a table while playing with all these wires. Nice job though.

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
            I would definetly flip a table while playing with all these wires. Nice job though.
            Yeah it can get frustrating sometimes aha :P but thanks

Officially mounted the tweeters with tough 2 sided tape.

Progression Page

Comment

How many speakers does it has?

Comment

How many speakers does it has?
                It's 6 in the front, 3 for each side. 1 woofer, 1 main tweeter and 1 imaging tweeter.

Progression Page

Comment

Look what's in boys!!!

Took me a while to find it, but I now have the KM/H 2009.5 dash with the 8k rev range in this style and so now I just need the steering wheel controls and I'll will be doing the 2010 dash swap. Thinking for now I'ma just make a pocket for stuff in the dash but eventually swap to a pioneer 4100 nex

Progression Page

Comment

I love it! I will hopefully get this done within the year.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                      I love it! I will hopefully get this done within the year.
                      Yeah I'm excited, I do like the look better too plus the functionality is sweet!

Progression Page

Comment

where did you get that 2009 dash kit that looks pretty good.

Comment

Note that if you don't swap your radio head unit to the 2009.5 one you will lose your blinker's noise, "car door open" noise and you Driver Information Center. To retain them, I think you need one or two little modules you can get online to retain them. On your future cluster, the DIC is on it instead of the radio.

Comment

ahh ok i see i will look into it some more so i know what i will looking at if i wanted to do that exchange on the g6. i really like the look of that cluster. i wonder if they ever made it for the 2009 gtp coupe version

Comment

I have some wheels that will look sick on that black G6. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden310 View Post
                                where did you get that 2009 dash kit that looks pretty good.
                                Found it online using car-part.com and luckily I found a recycler (to be politically correct) that was in Canada and would ship to me. eBay has them for the states with the MPH, but the KM/h is hard to find. I like having more numbers on my dash. Lol

Note that if you don't swap your radio head unit to the 2009.5 one you will lose your blinker's noise, "car door open" noise and you Driver Information Center. To retain them, I think you need one or two little modules you can get online to retain them. On your future cluster, the DIC is on it instead of the radio.
                                Yes I still have to get the module for the dings and my new DIC will be my dash!!! Yay I'm excited to have the middle freed up for a pocket! Lol you know, like a typical car aha

Progression Page

Comment

Working...
                                X