Best quick strut available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best quick strut available?

My car has a warranty from the dealership and the mechanic there told me he is pretty good at getting the warranty company to cover whatever part he suggest, so he told me to choose a quick strut or strut that I like and he can get it covered for free. Now he did say he can't swing aa $800 set of koni's however lol. So my question is what is the best bang for your buck performance quick strut for these cars?

Re: Best quick strut available?

I'd go with KYB, that is a what i use and love the ride. they aren't outrageous expensive either.

Comment

OE AC Delcos.
      1972 F100
      1978 Twinstar
      1992 Miata
      2014 Mustang

Comment

Kyb. If you can't get them, ac delco for sure

Comment

I think I can get the kyb quick strut plus, are these pretty good and does kyb have a warranty?

Comment

Originally posted by Coop8070 View Post
            I think I can get the kyb quick strut plus, are these pretty good and does kyb have a warranty?
            I have them on my wife's truck. Its a 2005 pathfinder. It seems to be a bit better. For my G6, I still have the ac delco ones on my car. They still hold up fine and I am just waiting to put on lowering springs on my Konis that I have already put together. I got they yellows. If you want, the kyb ones should be better over oem. But if you want a no brainer, stick with stock. Your call at the end of it all. I would suggest the koni yellows if You can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coop8070 View Post
              I am not sure about their warranty? They should offer one. I got my wife's pathfinder kybs off eBay though.

Comment

Has anybody seen or heard anything about these Part #: 1ASSP00580 from 1aauto.com.
                I'm not endorsing them, I just seriously need new struts and springs.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by WJK052S View Post
                  Has anybody seen or heard anything about these Part #: 1ASSP00580 from 1aauto.com.
                  I'm not endorsing them, I just seriously need new struts and springs.

Thanks
                  Looks like crap to me. I don't even see a brand on them
                  1972 F100
                  1978 Twinstar
                  1992 Miata
                  2014 Mustang

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. That's why I asked. My problem looking at struts is that I have the 4cyl. Most Quick struts are for "ALL" engines. meaning the V6 springs. Only found the KYB SR4099 and SR4098 specifically by specs and weight show for the 4cyl. (SR4095 and SR4094 for the V6).

Its a highway only car and I'm looking at possibly passing down to daughter next year. Price is a big concern as on a tight budget, but don't want to spend more fixing broke crap.

Comment

Originally posted by WJK052S View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing. That's why I asked. My problem looking at struts is that I have the 4cyl. Most Quick struts are for "ALL" engines. meaning the V6 springs. Only found the KYB SR4099 and SR4098 specifically by specs and weight show for the 4cyl. (SR4095 and SR4094 for the V6).

Its a highway only car and I'm looking at possibly passing down to daughter next year. Price is a big concern as on a tight budget, but don't want to spend more fixing broke crap.
                      If money is a big factor, why would you pay for a spring you don't need? Just buy the struts and use your stock springs. Rent a spring compressor from autozone for like $35 and they give you back all your money when you return it. I replaced all 4 corners with KYB for $212 about two years ago.
                      IMO, the only reason to buy quick struts is if the extra money they cost is worth not doing the spring yourself (it's easy when you're always replacing the struts) or if your stock springs somehow broke.
                      Last edited by slowsedan; 01-30-2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Passenger front stock spring is bad. I have a spacer in it just to keep it level until I can replace them. I know... I hadn't mentioned it before.

Thanks for the input. Just trying to get fellow G6r's input.

Comment

Well that makes a difference. I have the KYB excel g all around. It's a grear stock replacement that offers a slight improvement in handling while keeping stock ride comfort. They certainly aren't Konis, but for 1/4 of the price I can't complain. They've done well for 2 years now with no issues.

Comment

I am seeing two different KYB quick struts. One says OE replacement the other says "strut plus"

Would like to get them ordered today. Any ideas anyone?

Just ordered. Says strut plus. $110 each. Best price I had found. Can't wait to get the G6 lined out again.
                            Last edited by WJK052S; 01-30-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X