Transmission Clutch Wave Plates Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Clutch Wave Plates Issue

hey guys, it has been a while but I still have the g6 haha just hit 100,000 and I ran into an issue. Went and took it into a local stealership around here and they came back and told me my wave plates as described below have took a shit and my solenoid needed to be replaced. I never had any issues with my car until this point and I'm glad that it happened while still under 10yr/120,000 miles. I just wanted to share this information with you guys incase any others had the same issue. Thankfully I only have to pay for the solenoid out of pocket!!!

#14404: Special Coverage Adjustment - Transmission Clutch Wave Plate - (Mar 3, 2015)
    Subject: 14404 – Special Coverage Adjustment – Transmission Clutch Wave Plate

Models: 2007-2009 Buick Enclave
    2008-2009 Chevrolet Equinox, Malibu
    2009 Chevrolet Traverse
    2007-2009 GMC Acadia
    2007-2009 Pontiac G6
    2008-2009 Pontiac Torrent
    2007-2009 Saturn AURA, OUTLOOK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
    Some 2007-2009 model year Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Pontiac G6, Saturn AURA and OUTLOOK, 2008-2009 model year Chevrolet Equinox and Malibu, and Pontiac Torrent, and 2009 model year Chevrolet Traverse vehicles identified above and, equipped with a 6T70 or 6T75 - 6 speed FWD automatic transmission –– may experience a cracked or fractured wave plate, resulting in a loss of 3rd, 5th and reverse gears.

Special Coverage Adjustment
    This special coverage covers the condition described above for a period of 10 years or 120,000 miles (193,000 km), whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, regardless of ownership.

Dealers are to replace the 3rd /5th / reverse clutch plate. The repairs will be made at no charge to the customer.

For vehicles covered by Vehicle Service Contracts, all eligible claims with repair orders on or after March 2, 2015 are covered by this special coverage and must be submitted using the labor operation codes provided with this bulletin. Claims with repair orders prior to March 2, 2015 must be submitted to the Service Contract provider.

Vehicles Involved
    All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Applicable Warranties section in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.

Customer Reimbursement – For US
    Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer by March 31 2016, unless otherwise specified by state law. If this is not convenient for the customer, they may mail the completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form and all required documents to the GM Customer Assistance Center. Repairs must have occurred within the 10 years of the date the vehicle was originally placed in service, or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

All reasonable and customary costs to correct the condition described in this bulletin should be considered for reimbursement. Any questions or concerns should be reviewed with your GM representative prior to processing the request.

When a customer requests reimbursement, they must provide the following:

•A completed Customer Reimbursement Request Form. This form is mailed to the customer or can be obtained through GM GlobalConnect.
    •The name and address of the person who paid for the repair.
    •Paid receipt confirming the amount of the repair expense, a description of the repair, and the person or entity performing the repair.
    Important: GM requires dealers to approve or deny a reimbursement request within 30 days of receipt. If a reimbursement request is approved, the dealer should immediately issue a check to the customer and submit an appropriate warranty transaction for the incurred expense. If a reimbursement request is denied, the dealer MUST provide the customer with a clear and concise explanation, in writing, as to why the request was denied. The bottom portion of the Customer Reimbursement Request Form may be used for this purpose. If the denial was due to missing documents, the customer can resubmit the request when the missing documents are obtained, as long as it is still within the allowed reimbursement period.

Warranty transactions for customer reimbursement of previously paid repairs are to be submitted as required by GM Global Warranty Management. Additional information can also be found in Warranty Administration Bulletin 11-00-89-004.
    2007 Pontiac GTP...8000k HID's Low Bean...3000k HID's Fogs...Crab Intake...Custom LEDs ...Tint...Drilled and Slotted Rotors...Recessed Upper and Lower Grilles...Eagle Eye Headlights...Tinted Tails
Working...
X