Wanna upgrade my braking system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna upgrade my braking system

I have an 05 g6 the braking feels, weak.where do I start? Thinking slotted rotors and pads.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Re: Wanna upgrade my braking system

Shop R1 Concepts performance brake parts, brake pads, rotors, kits and more. R1 Concepts is the leading manufacturer of braking systems for all vehicles

I have these, no nose dive and much better stopping power than stock.

Have your calipers ever been changed? id do that was well or at least service them. R1 concepts have lifetime warranties, and amazing customer service.

If you ask for "peace" in the chat he usually gives a discount code to enter at check out.
    Last edited by tylertlc; 10-13-2015, 05:08 PM.

Comment

What do you mean buy weak? They don't have enough grab or they're soft? One's hydraulic and the other is mechanical.
      1972 F100
      1978 Twinstar
      1992 Miata
      2014 Mustang

Comment

Sticky tires and Brembos off the 08-09 Cobalt SS

Comment

stick with stock trust me
          i have slotted and drilled rotors and they warped so fast

Comment

I got R1 concepts OEM rotors, Stand up pretty well to warping IMO, no slots or drilled holes.
            For pads I used Autozone's C-max pads, lifetime warranty and they do a damn good job of stopping my car.

If you're looking for bigger brakes it's been confirmed that saab 9-5 brakes are larger and will fit, you just need to enlarge some holes in the knuckle.
            Next step would be brembos.

I would recommend trying rotors and pads, replace any bad calipers and make sure they all move freely, and maybe flush the brake lines and get some new fluid in there.

Comment

Originally posted by G6KinG19 View Post
              stick with stock trust me
              i have slotted and drilled rotors and they warped so fast
              Not all rotors are created equal. I've had my R1 concepts E-line cross-drilled and slotted rotors since 09 without any issues.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
              Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar View Post
                Not all rotors are created equal. I've had my R1 concepts E-line cross-drilled and slotted rotors since 09 without any issues.
                X2 I have the same exact since 2010 no issues.
                2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

Originally posted by Dextar View Post
                  X2 I have the same exact since 2010 no issues.
                  2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

cryogenic rotors. They are slotted and are amazing! I'm going to try the C-Max brake pads myself.

Comment

I have had my R1 e-lines drilled and slotted for like 6 months and they are fine, my rears have been shot for like 2 weeks so those rotors are taking a pretty good beating.

Comment

i have the same ones too but they keep getting wrap for some reason i guess you guys got lucky smh

Comment

Have you checked to make sure your calipers are sticking? I ended up wrapping the shit out of a brand new set of OEM replacements, i then found out my calipers were sticking.

So id check there!

Comment

Working...
                          X