Oil Filter Adapter Gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Adapter Gasket

After changing the gasket about ... a 3 weeks to a month ago, I just HAVE to show you guys how it looked when I took it out.

Re: Oil Filter Adapter Gasket

I did mine when I replaced my oil pan gasket myself. I have to say, mine looked the same too.

Comment

I guess heat gets to them after a while...

Comment

Yup. It is right by the cat too. So that would be why in my opinion

Comment

Do you have to lift the motor when replacing the oil pan gasket on the 3.5?

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Not at all. No lifting of the motor involved.

Comment

The front CAT is in the way I believe

Comment

I think I'll have to lift my 3.6 up a little to do mine.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

I forgot you had no 3.5. For a 3.5 lz4, no lifting required.
                  Last edited by GMManof3; 10-11-2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Just had my oil pan gasket replaced on my 3.5 they had to separate trans from motor because of some small tab cost around 600 to have this done got the vehicle back and its still dripping oil from somewhere any ideas on where to look? My mechanic says the pan gasket needed replaced,

Comment

Originally posted by FOURMOREMARINE View Post
                      Just had my oil pan gasket replaced on my 3.5 they had to separate trans from motor because of some small tab cost around 600 to have this done got the vehicle back and its still dripping oil from somewhere any ideas on where to look? My mechanic says the pan gasket needed replaced,
                      I did mine twice. I had to the first time cause it leaked and when I replaced mine, myself, I had cut my gasket. Did not know this until I attempted it a second time. But the second time I did it carefully and wonderfully too! I still have some leaks also. Same as you, just wondering where the new one is coming from. I actually am thinking that the front main seal is leaking behind the harmonic balancer. But I also think I have a rear main seal leak too. That one will be a more expensive job. I have yet to learn how to separate the transmission a little from the engine for that one.

You could look into that after all the other areas are checked.

Comment

thanks for the reply The guy that did the job wants it back so he can power wash it ,put dye in it and see where its coming from

Comment

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X