Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I bypass the crossover on 6x9?

Hi people,*

I know this has been gone over plenty of times but I need some detailed and specific answers please. My 6x9s in my '07 G6 coupé w/ monsoon are about dead. For the most part I can deal with 'em but when I turn it up the speakers fart so bad it's pointless. I Googled around and found some people recommending the JBL GTO928 6x9s so I got a pair. I did look around and I know that people suggest bypassing the crossover at the speaker since the amp already does it. Problem is I am by no means an audio expert and have no idea how to do that. Can anyone tell me from the pic exactly what wires to cut, where to connect the highs and lows and what color the high +/- and low +/- are coming from the amp

Re: how do I bypass the crossover on 6x9?

Looking to upgrade my system also, response from crutchfield, "aftermarket speakers to fit within the stock mounts but if you will be connecting them to the original factory wiring, they will only produce one of the two frequency ranges."
    So I'm guessing that's what your trying to do, I'd contact them, unless you have figured it out by now.
    Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
    Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

Looking to upgrade my system also, response from crutchfield, "aftermarket speakers to fit within the stock mounts but if you will be connecting them to the original factory wiring, they will only produce one of the two frequency ranges."
      So I'm guessing that's what your trying to do, I'd contact them, unless you have figured it out by now.
      Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
      Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

So basically it's hard because our cars rear speakers aren't looked at as 2 6x9 speakers, they are looked at as 4 speakers, 2 6x9 subwoofers or woofers depending on who you talk too and 2 tweeters that I don't remember the size but I think are 3 inch so not your typical tweeter. Into the end you basically need to isolate the tweeter from the woofer, basically run them like a component set. So try to look for the wires that lead to the tweeter and disconnect those or cut them and hook them up to the tweeter power and neg from the amp and then you can figure out what you do with the other two. I chose to just opt to replace my amp, makes it easier. However ik you have GTO speakers which are great! But alpine made type r 6x9 speakers that's can't remember the number for the life of me but they wee DVC kinda which separated the tweeter from the woofer and they sounded amazing. I ran these for a total of 7 mins in my old g6 finding out that the one was blown, so I had to take them back to the guy that sold them to me, buuuut the one that worked, was clean, loud, and the pair only costed me $70... If only they worked.. :/ anyway, hopefully this helps, if you have any more questions or are unclear on something just pm me or quote me so I get a notification, then I'll get back ASAP
        I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
        http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

I figured out a way to replace my rear decks and keep both lows and highs:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
          Time to nut up or shut up

My progression thus far

Comment

Working...
          X