Tech 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech 2

So I recently bought a Tech 2 (Cloned Version) and it works pretty good so far. I have a couple of questions tho:
    1.) Will the Tech 2 allow me to program my 2008 Pontiac G6 2.4l? I have the TIS 2000 program that came with it and it states that it is fully functional. But on thier sites it says that you can only program vehicles up to 2007 and it says the same in the Tech 2 but on the Tech 2 owners manual, it says that the 2008 Pontiac G6 can be programmed, as well as a few others.
    2.) What code do I need to put in for my car when I check the diagnostics for it. It has a couple of letters after setting the Pontiac section and A,M, and Z all have the 2.4l option. I thought it was the 4 letter in my VIN which is Z but under that option, only the 6 speed trans is available. Mine is a 4 speed.
    3.) I just got radio controls for this and want to set them in. How would I go by doing this?
    But all in all, I love this scanner so far.
    sigpic
    Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Re: Tech 2

Lucky you!
    Been interested in acquiring a Tech 2 for a while and they have recently become almost reasonably priced... Well, the clones at least.
    Where'd you purchase yours?
    Here's a step by step walk through on adding steering wheel stereo controls if you haven't already found it. *
    Note that the OP uses Z to program his convertible in the process.

I'd be interested in hearing from GTPPrix and anyone else with actual hands on working knowledge of a Tech 2 about the possible pitfalls of a novice reprogramming a BCM with one.
    Current Mods
    245/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-01 R, 245/45/17 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60, Eibach springs, Debadged, Recessed upper grills, GTP rear valance, GXP exhaust, Redline Tuning QuickLifts, K&N air filter, GMPP strut tower brace, Steering wheel stereo controls, Baer Cobalt 13" front brakes, Cobalt SS 11.75" rear brakes, Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear, Leather steering wheel, Recessed lower grills, Leather shifter handle, Leather parking brake handle, Leather console lid cover, Volant intake, PIAA H9 & H11 Xtreme White Plus headlights & driving lights, 93 octane tuned ECM & TCM, Custom painted headlights, Motorsport Tech wheel adapters, C5 Corvette 17" x 8.5" wheels, Koni Sport struts and shocks, MSD 8.5mm Super Conductor plug wires, Racingline polyurethane motor mount inserts...
    Altered6 Progression Page

Comment

Re: Tech 2

Originally posted by Altered6 View Post
      Lucky you!
      Been interested in acquiring a Tech 2 for a while and they have recently become almost reasonably priced... Well, the clones at least.
      Where'd you purchase yours?
      Here's a step by step walk through on adding steering wheel stereo controls if you haven't already found it. *
      Note that the OP uses Z to program his convertible in the process.

I'd be interested in hearing from GTPPrix and anyone else with actual hands on working knowledge of a Tech 2 about the possible pitfalls of a novice reprogramming a BCM with one.
      This is the one I bought after doing a lot of research. http://www.buyobdtool.com/wholesale/...nner-1362.html
      sigpic
      Electrical: * SPYDER Smoke Halo Projector Headlights w/ Morimoto H1 projector retrofit and custome LED Halo rings * HID Conversion Kit 8000K * Alpine Type S SPS-619 and SPS-610C Speakers * MTX Terminator TNP212D2 Dual 12" Subwoofers * Red LED Lighting Front + Dome, Blue LED in Trunk, White LED License Plate * Tinted Tail Lights/LED's Looks: * Carbon Fiber Decals * 15% Tint in the Back and on Top of Windshield, 35% Tint in the Front * Tinted cover on Licence plate * 5mm Wheel Spacers in the Front, 25mm in the Back * Enkei EKM 3 in Hyper Silver 18x8 Performance: * Flowmaster Muffler 80 Series w/ Cherry Bomb Glasspack, 3.5" Double Walled/Slant Exhaust Tips * Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus on 225/45/18 * Brembo conversion in the front * BMD SS brake lines * CMS springs * Racingline strut bar

Comment

Working...
      X