bulb size to use for shifter lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulb size to use for shifter lights?

I am in the process of changing my shifter lights from the red to blue. I just need to know what bulb size to use for that.

Re: bulb size to use for shifter lights?

Shoot! Let me know also. I have been wanting to put one under my tap shift plus and minus signs. We should do This.

Comment

I changed mine out, but I don't remember the size of bulb. However, just so you're prepared the shift plate is tinted red. Putting a blue led underneath will make it all look purple.

Comment

Oooh, I love purple. Yeah, white works.

Comment

What I simply did for that red tint (at least in the AC unit) is take it out completely. That way, it looks more blue than purple. Still can't find out what size bulb it is for the shifter light....

Found it!! it's #74 Sylvania

I'm now going on SuperBrightLEDs to see if I can find a blue version of that...

All done!
          Last edited by John Trollston; 09-11-2015, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I'm going to wire in an LED myself

Comment

Will you wire it where your + and - are illuminated as well?

Comment

Yup! I'm not looking to buy that same bulb. I'll use a long rectangle led strip to put there under my shift + - and where the bulb was at for the P R N D M as well.

Comment

I hate to necropost, but did you get that done?

Comment

I actually forgot to do this. I got some 5mm LEDs sitting around, but they are green and blue. I'll use blue and do this sometime this weekend. Thanks for posting cause it helped me remember this. I also have an idea, the bulb that is used for the shift plate, that tray looking like thing under the bulb. Well, we should put foil or something else reflective to help reflect light to better light up the shift plate.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                      Oooh, I love purple. Yeah, white works.
                      Lol yes you do! :P so your going for blue eh? Meaning purple, post a pic when it's done please!!!
                      I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                      http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

blue for now. I will post for sure bud. Yeah, I'm passionate about purple.

Comment

Yea, my dumbass figured that I could use the 2 wires that went with the shifter light bulb housing (I cut the housing out) and then use this:

Doesn't light up no matter what. So i have 2 exposed copper wires in my car that went with the shift light bulb housing.

Comment

UPDATE: Come to find out, my illumination fuse was bad, so I went on ebay and got some T10 wire harnesses along with use a spare 10A mini-fuse to get my illumination back. I didn't like the look of the T10 wire harness along with the T10 blue bulb in my shifter, so I went and got a flexible LED strip from Oznium (Blue, of course) and got that baby to work. I will post a picture of it later on today (7 - 8 hrs from now).

It's rather bright, though.
                            Last edited by John Trollston; 06-08-2016, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X