After 9.5 years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 9.5 years...

My GTP is becoming too much of a headache. I've finally decided to give up on it. I'm trying to decide whether I'm going to part it out or outright sell it at this point.

I may take some time to restore it before selling it off. Kind of as a learning project. I'm not sure.

It left me stranded on the side of the highway in February. Turned out to be the MAF pigtail. The sunroof leaks no matter how many times those stupid tubes get reattached. The driver's seat has a metal bracket poking me in the back.

The newest problem is that the speedometer started acting up last week, bouncing up and down when I accelerate, showing the same symptoms that it did when the transmission failed in 2008. Since I don't want to get stuck buying a new transmission, I'm done.

I've resisted replacing her for a long time. I still love her, but she's too old to be useful for me now.

Made a deal for a brand new 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0t r-spec today. 275hp, 275 torque in a car that has a way better suspension than the GTP did, plus the added benefit of having RWD.

I'll post pics once I take delivery.

sigpic
    Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Re: After 9.5 years...

:O nice bro I'm sure you will love the new ride!!!
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Nice trade. I would've gone for the V6, but I prefer a good sound over all out power, and that I4 is a slightly different version of the Evo motors IIRC. You can easily make a monster out of those.

Comment

I thought about the v6, but in the end the 4 cylinder has a lot more potential with cheaper mods and I was able to talk them down about $3500 because it's a new 2014. They are trying to clear them out.

I'm certain that I'm going to love it. I'll post some pics when I pick it up tomorrow.

Truth be told, I'm considering keeping the GTP as a winter beater if I can completely fix it up.

sigpic
        Mobil 1 | Doctorspeed Stage 3 & 4 CAI | CRABS | Sacchi S45 245 Black 18" Rims | 6000k HID Headlights + Fogs | GT-R Exhaust | 20% Tint | Pioneer AppRadio 2

Comment

First of all, nice choice in replacement.

Secondly, I know nothing about sunroofs. But when I was considering keeping my G6, I was going to go for a built HD trans from Milzy or ZZP. Still only 4 gears, but a lot more reliable. It would give the 3.9L a lot more breathing room. You'd be looking at around 3k for the trans, 4-5k installed, probably.

Since I would have also had to replace a seized engine, it was turning into about a $10k job ... for a G6.

DO NOT GET ME WRONG, because I LOVED my car. However, that would have been more money than the car was worth on it's best day. If I had a second car at that time, things might have been different. If you have enough time to wait and search for the cheapest prices on everything, and do a lot of work yourself, you could possibly come out on top. My 10k estimate was the installed price, afterall

My Progression Page: click here

Comment

That's one photo of it so far. Can't upload any of my other ones to the tapatalk servers for some reason. I'll post more later.

The one thing the G6 has that this doesn't is a power seat with lumbar adjustment. I'm going to miss the lumbar. I'm also going to miss the horn from the G6. This thing definitely has an import sound to the horn.

The shifter is much smoother than the G6's was. No clunkiness or weird sounds coming out of it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X