Getting kinda crazy over here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Getting kinda crazy over here!

And the Cobalt SS Turbo is not using a F40. It uses a 5 speed Getrag F23 transmission.

The Cobalt SS S/C and Ion Red Line use the Opel F35 transmission.

Comment

Heres the point, the LNF & LSJ are going to be more cost effective than the 3.5 Turd we have. There is no aftermarket. It has been tried time after time after time, all failures. Just get and LNF/LSJ do a whole swap, might as well and be done with it. Thats what I want to see, thats were it's at.
      Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

My Progression:http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...;s+progression
      JOIN FOREVERPONTIAC.COM...NOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
        10 psi is very feasable on stock internals.
        It really varies engine to engine, but I dug a little bit and found that most of the 60 degree V6s (especially the later ones) are able to handle 10psi pretty reliably as long as you have a great tune.

I still say it's a bad idea for the reasons I already stated. Trade it in on a car that was made with performance in mind.

Comment

Our engines arn't really the problem, it's the trany's... With using the support out there you can get an lx9 or lz4 to push like 400 or more Hp, with cams tune exhaust and a small turbo, but how do you transfer that power to the pavement? Overall like many say it's too pricy to get 300-400 hp out of our cars, I'm looking at getting a SRT-4, there's one in my area for $4500 and it is pushing around 320hp already, not too mention cheaper to tune
          I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Exactly. The 4t45e is barely rated to handle stock power and even if you drop $2k on a built version, you're still gonna have an antiquated 4sp automatic.

Comment

I like the sound of that cobalt turbo engine thrown in our car.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                I like the sound of that cobalt turbo engine thrown in our car.
                It is an idea, but personally I would rather get a 2.4L G6, Malibu or Aura and get a turbo system on it. The LE5 has the same block than the LNF (I think) and there are some parts of the LNF that you can use on the LE5 (Throttle body, etc.). I found a guy on a Chevy Cobalt forum that has done it on a 2.4L Cobalt SS and get 257 WHP out of it by using a Hahn Turbo kit.

http://www.turbosystem.com/ProjectVe...24L%20Page.htm

Comment

No, it was a ZZP turbo kit, but the idea is there.

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
                    It is an idea, but personally I would rather get a 2.4L G6, Malibu or Aura and get a turbo system on it. The LE5 has the same block than the LNF (I think) and there are some parts of the LNF that you can use on the LE5 (Throttle body, etc.). I found a guy on a Chevy Cobalt forum that has done it on a 2.4L Cobalt SS and get 257 WHP out of it by using a Hahn Turbo kit.

http://www.turbosystem.com/ProjectVe...24L%20Page.htm
                    I still feel like that's a lot of money for not a lot but it's still cool, just 257 whp seems low for how much work that needs to be done and how much money it will cost for a turbo kit
                    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
                    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

You can get a 2.4 and turbo it sure, look at the solstice and sky forums, the gains arent as much as the 2.0. Compression and what not, plus why buy and aftermarket kit that you have to figure out, tune with the correct tables, when the LNF is already for it? You can go ahead a guy on her...pedobear??? I think was his name had a 2.4 done up all nice like and it failed, due to finances, like all of them have. Trust me its not worth te trouble, just motor swap it, honestly
                      Cold air intake, racingline engine mounts, painted engine cover, tinted tail lights, resonator delete, red and black calipers, Flowmaster 50 series, black upper recessed grills,cobalt ss/tc rims, massive audio nano 800w amp, pioneer A series 460W speakers, pioneer double din touch screen headunit and debadge[color=#FF0000][

Comment

Originally posted by killiger2009 View Post
                        You can get a 2.4 and turbo it sure, look at the solstice and sky forums, the gains arent as much as the 2.0. Compression and what not, plus why buy and aftermarket kit that you have to figure out, tune with the correct tables, when the LNF is already for it? You can go ahead a guy on her...pedobear??? I think was his name had a 2.4 done up all nice like and it failed, due to finances, like all of them have. Trust me its not worth te trouble, just motor swap it, honestly
                        I'm not saying that swapping a LNF would be more expensive, but it would be defenetly not cheaper. The wiring harness will be an issue and the transmission too, because they're different. And you have to made it work with our BCM, as well as the fitted transmission.

Comment

When I say swap I am talking engine, trans, harness, diff all of it. Either you do it all or none at all. Honestly, I'll do it, I am moving this summer and getting another Kappa does seem to be in the budget, this might just happen for my G6 since it has become boring.

Comment

Working...
                          X