Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newellzie's 05 G6 GT

Hello everyone

I have been on here for about a year and have been using this forum to help me mod my G6, so after a year and a decent amount of changes on my G6 I thought I would post my progression, so here it goes... Pretty much from day one!

Here is how she started!

Then I installed HID low beams

Next was cold air intake and 8.2mm blue spark plug wires with chrome separators

I then deleted the hose that went from the PCV valve to intake, added a breather and installed a little HKS Kompressor, got it for 30 bucks thought I would try it :P

There's the blue breather

Then I got some sparco mats cause they make your car go faster :P

Next I thought it would be cool and inexpensive to polish my alternator, again cause it makes it go fast! Lol

Next was oil cap breather from Milzy's, drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads, and complete exhaust system

Bank 1 header

Bank 2 header

Complete system

Then it was time to lower her and space out the rims

Before

Front drivers side

Rear drivers side

After Eibach drop and 25mm spacers

Driver side front (not settled)

Driver side rear

So by this point I had her lowered and spaced out and it looked nice, I also did a tie rod end, all of this I did on a Thursday. So I went in to have her aligned on Friday. Saturday I had an event to go too, after this event in a rush to go home (parents were on me) I tackled a median. :/ needless to say it wasn't great my shock ended up bent

However because these shocks weren't even a week old and they had a 18month warranty I got it replaced for free! Score aha. Just meant I had to do the work all over again lol and get it realigned. So I ran with bad camber for about 2 weeks and needed to replace 2 tires because of the incident but w/e life happens.

Next was wiring in my subs I had in the trunk for 7 months lol

Then I added the sway bar end links

This pretty much was how it stayed for the rest of the summer while I had a good time with friends built up some more cash and enjoyed life aha which now puts us at more recent times

I next bought rims with winter tires on them
    (More current picture didn't take one when I got them)

I then built a custom box for the w3's I upgraded too in late summer

Now for my most recent addition tinted tails, they have a light smoke, I want to go a little darker but for now here they are!

So other than stating I put in the metra kit, that is everything I have done to the car so far, however I have more to come, I have a WAMS Tune on order, going to be getting Racingline STB and MMI, going to do a big 3 upgrade and installing a comp car audio system, along with possibly a H/O alternator, I have new rims just waiting for some new spacers to change my bolt pattern, and I'm thinking of doing some CF vinyl wrap along with maybe the brembo upgrade, but for now here's a sneak peek for what lies in store!

Complete comp audio system

Dynamat

New rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Newellzie; 04-02-2015, 06:27 PM.
    I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
    http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Re: Newellzie's 05 G6 GT

Interesting sub box. Are those the ports at the bottom for either side? Or is it just one big box with shared ports?

Also I like those new wheels lol

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
      Interesting sub box. Are those the ports at the bottom for either side? Or is it just one big box with shared ports?

Also I like those new wheels lol
      It's one big box with shared ports but I did put a wall between the ports and separated them to go to either side, but the box is not separated in the centre between the subs. I guess I coulda just made one port but I like the dual look, and also in the centre between the ports is where I have the cable running for the 150w inverter.

And Ikr! I love these rims I can't wait to put them on, just waiting for a little more summer and my new spacers cause they are actually 5x114.3 but I'm already running 25mm (1inch) spacers so I just got new 25mm spacers to switch my bolt pattern.

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page

Comment

loving the new set of rims and man your G6 looks awesome man

Comment

Originally posted by G6KinG19 View Post
          loving the new set of rims and man your G6 looks awesome man
          Thanks! It's getting there aha

Progression Page

Comment

Wow, I love how you are putting the whole story of your G6! I'm doing something similar and will start to post pictures soon. Can't wait to see more progress keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by HGjuice View Post
              Wow, I love how you are putting the whole story of your G6! I'm doing something similar and will start to post pictures soon. Can't wait to see more progress keep it up!
              Yeah man, cause the car life and all highs there's lows too :P looking forward to seeing yours and I'll be posting as I do things now!

Progression Page

Comment

I really like how yours is at in the engine bay. Nice setup!

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                  I really like how yours is at in the engine bay. Nice setup!
                  Yeah thanks! There's a few cosmetic things I still want to do and I want to get a grounding kit and STB, I might also re work my cold air, but she is very close!

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
                    Yeah thanks! There's a few cosmetic things I still want to do and I want to get a grounding kit and STB, I might also re work my cold air, but she is very close!

Grounding kit is for sale from a member here. I'll see who it was

Comment

adespain has a grounding kit. Hit him up for it. Tell him I suggested you to him please.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                        adespain has a grounding kit. Hit him up for it. Tell him I suggested you to him please.
                        Yeah I was already talking with him but I want blue plus I think I'm gunna make my own with thicker gauge wire, thanks tho

Progression Page

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Newellzie's 05 G6 GT

So check it out this weekend I re tinted my tails and tinted my headlights...

Tails

I really like the tails! However I don't like my head lights, I'm still posting them cause this is what I did

So I started out by cleaning my lights using the ol toothpaste trick, it doesn't make them brand new but the looked good for 10 year old assemblies

One side

Both sides

Then I did a light tint, it's hard to tell in the camera but it look splattered and like crap so I went to a darker tint to fix it

Light tint

Darker tint

Now I do like the look of the dark tint, but visibility at night sucks and there fore it's too dark. I can run with my brights on and nobody flashes me, it gave me as much vision as I had with my lows prior to tinting :/

So this means new he alight assemblies, which means I need your guys help! I can't decide, halos are cool but hear bad things, but there are also two different types of halo assemblies

This one

Or this one

Are either good? If not what about these

Or these

Or should I just stay stock, the ones above are basically oem so I think those would be cool if I can't get halos.

So anyway what do you guys think I should get, kinda need to know quick tho cause I want to get rid of these crap headlight assemblies I made myself now LOL!
                            Last edited by Newellzie; 04-05-2015, 11:09 PM.

Progression Page

Comment

Originally posted by Newellzie View Post
                              So check it out this weekend I re tinted my tails and tinted my headlights...

Tails

I really like the tails! However I don't like my head lights, I'm still posting them cause this is what I did

So I started out by cleaning my lights using the ol toothpaste trick, it doesn't make them brand new but the looked good for 10 year old assemblies

One side

Both sides

Then I did a light tint, it's hard to tell in the camera but it look splattered and like crap so I went to a darker tint to fix it

Light tint

Darker tint

Now I do like the look of the dark tint, but visibility at night sucks and there fore it's too dark. I can run with my brights on and nobody flashes me, it gave me as much vision as I had with my lows prior to tinting :/

So this means new he alight assemblies, which means I need your guys help! I can't decide, halos are cool but hear bad things, but there are also two different types of halo assemblies

This one

Or this one

Are either good? If not what about these

Or these

Or should I just stay stock, the ones above are basically oem so I think those would be cool if I can't get halos.

So anyway what do you guys think I should get, kinda need to know quick tho cause I want to get rid of these crap headlight assemblies I made myself now LOL!
                              Just make sure they are eagle eyes. I'll post a link

Comment

Working...
                              X