A/C Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A/C Control

Learn something new every day. Thanks for that info. Maybe these surface mount LEDs behave differently than the normal looking LEDs with the 2 long legs. I'll be doing a bit more research on that. And while on the topic, is everything behind the cluster LED? I thought I saw some of those twist-and-pull light bulb? And the center console, with the radio, knobs, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Maty View Post
      Learn something new every day. Thanks for that info. Maybe these surface mount LEDs behave differently than the normal looking LEDs with the 2 long legs. I'll be doing a bit more research on that. And while on the topic, is everything behind the cluster LED? I thought I saw some of those twist-and-pull light bulb? And the center console, with the radio, knobs, etc?
      The cluster lights are LEDs. Almost everything else is twist and lock incandescent bulbs. I will check in a couple hours if the LEDs behind the hvac control knobs dim with everything else.

Comment

I have LEDs in my HVAC and steering wheel controls (2005 wheel) and while they don't dim as much as everything else, they still dim.
        At full brightness they all shine with the same intensity. At full dim the LEDs shine at about the same level as the everything else does with the Dimmer knob set to the halfway point.

Comment

Originally posted by slowsedan View Post
          I have LEDs in my HVAC and steering wheel controls (2005 wheel) and while they don't dim as much as everything else, they still dim.
          At full brightness they all shine with the same intensity. At full dim the LEDs shine at about the same level as the everything else does with the Dimmer knob set to the halfway point.
          That's due to that power curve I was talking about.
          Here's a quick example

Comment

I had the same question regarding HVAC controls about my Malibu Maxx a while back on the Chevy Malibu Forum. Unfortunately manual to auto and vice-versa are a no-go. I did just order the HVAC controls from a 2009 G6, as the connectors appear to be the same as the older style manual HVAC controls in my Malibu. I assume I'll have to change out back lights (the red would clash a bit much for me), providing it works. I'll be sure to update either way!
            sigpic
            2005 Malibu Maxx LS || Fuelly Profile

Comment

Working...
            X