Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Front Speaker Monsoon Question

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
    I got Alpine spr front and rear. Coupled with a JL 300/4 amp and time alignment my system sounds amazingly awesome!
    And a pair of cadence 10's for lower freq filler with a Kenwood amp.
    Is time alignment a must? This seems to advanced, lol.
    Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
    Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

I got a sony head unit with time alignment. GM stereos have it I think too.

It makes a world of difference when you actually measure the distance of each speaker to your ears.
      It's how I know my seat is adjusted right, I literally can not point out where my speakers are by listening alone.
      It's almost like having the best set of headphones ever

Comment

The pontiac g6 factory radio has time alignment or are you talking about later cars/models. I've see it in videos depending on what HU you buy, I always thought it was something fancy you could do, but I guess if someone is spending 1k on a system most likely the best thing to do!
        Last edited by Nanology; 04-18-2016, 06:27 PM.
        Mods: Matte Black Plasti-Dip on Wheels, Upper Grille, GM/Trunk Emblems, Dupli-Color Red Calipers, Intake Res Delete, Crab Intake #3, Flush Mount Spoiler, AVS Rain Guards, Black Lower Recessed Grilles, Map/Dome Red LED's.
        Fixes: Sunroof Leak, Misc Interior Trim, Vanity Mirrors, Door Weather Stripping, Front Wheel Barrings, Control Arms, Lower Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends.

Comment

Another Front Speaker Monsoon Question

I have spent like too much on my system lol, but literally just finished adding my new speakers in. So I'm sorry I have been very busy to respond.

But yeah look of kijiji or something if you want a JL amp.

But you can get a 4 channel and then a seperate mono channel amp later if you choose to add a sub.

Just get 4 ga cca knu wiring it would be best bang for buck, or if you think you will throw in a sub, go 4 ga OFC or 0 ga cca. Honestly the 0 ga cca is awesome, more amp rated and cheaper then ofc but thick, and for a noob to wiring, I would stick to 4 ga.

If you never plan to run more then say 1000 watts tho, speakers and sub, then the 4ga cca should be fine.

Cca = copper clad aluminum
          Ofc = oxygen free copper

Just types of wire, every package or site should specify.

Cheaper amps hard to say, but a Kenwood excelon, would be good if you find one in your price range, or JBL GTO's.

I don't think much custom work is involved for the alpine speakers but man, if your a handy man, it won't be a big deal

There is a imaging tweeter at the top of the a piller and my main tweeter just above the woofer to the right.

That's what I just did, I'll post more pics on my progression, but that was pretty easy and ik it's more involved then the alpines, also cause I have a second tweeter. However install tips on the alpines can be found on cruisins progression or just ask him, he's a nice guy, he will help you here in there

I can help you with anything else I just haven't installed those speakers so he would know a little more about those models.

If you can get a 300/4 like what crusin has, it's an awesome amp but usually run a little more then XD's, however the glory of classified ads or Craigslist or whatever you use over there (Canada it's kijiji) you can sometimes find awesome prices on the amp you want! And therefore get a kick butt $1000+ system for 600.

And time alignment I don't think is in GM, for a proper time alignment you would need a mic. But I could be wrong. Maybe some come with it. My 80 prs head unit has time alignment, it actually has 2 sections for time alignment and I have yet to set it up but shall soon now the speakers are in!!
          I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 16 seconds or less... I'm telling my g6... Go faster!!!

Progression Page
          http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...t=26265&page=1

Comment

Working...
          X