BCM Brake Lamp recall and Delphi Corporation, the real story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCM Brake Lamp recall and Delphi Corporation, the real story

www.eautorepair.com for subscriptions to TSB's and wiring diagrams recommended. 15$ for a month, 25$ for a year. It will really help anyone and also open a can of worms. The suggested fix for problems for all computer modules and connectors for everything from BCM, ECM, PCM, to the radio is to apply di-electric lube and reconnect. This included my problems for a DLC that won't work and the Traction Control turning itself off. It's manufacturer error and bad computers and parts. My 07' 3.5L electrical parts all read "Delphi" and "Made in Mexico". Nuff said. The commonality in it all is that Delphi went bankrupt in 03', shut down 70% of its operations (google it), and GM bought them up and contracted for electrical parts. All the TSB's and related safety recalls all fall in the 03' to 10' years. Ya, there is a connection there. The TSB's and recalls spill over into in the Traverse, Impala, Grand Prix, Grand AM, Cobalt, Malibu, anything less than a Silverado basically. If you haven't messed with parts or wires, it's recommended to the GoodWrench Techs to NOT replace the modules or harnesses, but to just confirm the wires are good and apply lube at connection points. I'm seeing the dielectric lube at like 12$ per tube. I had the recall fix to my BCM done by Goodwrench for the brake light, and bam, my DLC worked after not working since I bought the car in 08'. I was almost charged a gob of money STARTING at 400$ to trace wires to fix the DLC but I declined the repair. 5 months later, had the recall job done. Now it works. They only applied lube to the BCM. That's it. The IAT and MAF sensors are integral (one part) at my air filter housing and the IAT is acting up but the MAF is reading right according to my scanner. They make 3 connections on my ECM right underneath on the chassis. Could be bad thermistor, more likely a connection problem at the ECM that GM blames on "micro movement", vibration, "built up resistance", or whatever BS excuse. I don't have these problems on my Toyotas. These problems are caused by Mexico and bad business practices that GM won't own up to.

Re: BCM Brake Lamp recall and Delphi Corporation, the real story

Originally posted by jampost View Post

... The IAT and MAF sensors are integral (one part) at my air filter housing and the IAT is acting up but the MAF is reading right according to my scanner...
    Mine was doing the same thing. Setting a code for "IAT out of range" as well as playing hell with the TC and ESC lites and chimes.
    Turns out I had a broken wire in the the IAT circuit, about 2 inches from the MAF connector. Problem went away when I spliced the wire. (I was swapping intakes/filters and may have done it then, but I think it was already broken.)
    Raydar

2010 Pontiac G6 GT 4 door. 18" Mach M7 wheels. "The ride"
    1988 Pontiac Fiero Formula. Fastback conversion. 4.9/Allante V8. NVG T-550 5 speed. "The toy"

Comment

So this recall is a load of bs. I had all the recalls done at once on my 07 at a local stealership and it only lasted 3 months. Gm says thier information shows the recalls have been completed on my vin so does anyone actually know what they do for this recall? I thought something was supposed to be replaced or something and it appears to me the only thing they did was smear dielectric grease on one of my bcm plugs and the pedal position sensor.

Comment

from what I heard they're supposed to be putting some kind of coupler between the plugs
        2007 G6 GT

Debadged, CF Overlays, 5% Tint, Tinted Tails, Upper And Lower Recessed Grilles, Eibach Lowering Springs, Painted Calipers, Cross Drilled And Slotted Rotors, K&N CAI W/ CRABS, Tiger Crab, GTR Exhaust, WAMS Tune, Racingline STB, Grounding Kit, and Street MMI's, Redline Quicklifts, Eagle Eye Halo Headlights, Interior LED's, 5K HID'S Lows / Fogs

Comment

Yeah when I search my vin my car has this recall as well, it says the fix is a spacer between the plug and the bcm, and this is straight from GM.

Comment

.... either its a really long spacer or the stealership didnt do anything to my car. I was wondering why they were the only dealership in the area that seemed to have all the stuff already in stock and could get me in immediately.

Comment

i just got a recall notice on this.it says don't bring it in unless the brake lights don't work sometimes.how would i know?lol

Comment

Originally posted by zenish View Post
                i just got a recall notice on this.it says don't bring it in unless the brake lights don't work sometimes.how would i know?lol
                Take it in anyways and claim you did have issues. The fix was to re-position the harness where it plugs into the BCM.
                It worked for me, until 3 days ago when I left my house at night and noticed my brake lights reflecting off street signs in my neighborhood. I also got a Service TC light.
                I pulled over, shut off the car, jiggled the harness going into the BCM, fired it back up. No problems since. Finicky crap

Comment

Working...
                X