FM Transmitter VS Radio Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM Transmitter VS Radio Install

I want to be able to play my phones music in my 2005 g6 but I don't want to lose my message and info center. I would like something that is really reliable as I have gone through 2 FM transmitters already. Can anyone recommend a solution?

Re: FM Transmitter VS Radio Install

Originally posted by jlloyd360 View Post
    I want to be able to play my phones music in my 2005 g6 but I don't want to lose my message and info center. I would like something that is really reliable as I have gone through 2 FM transmitters already. Can anyone recommend a solution?
    Our car's can fit the radio, with the usb, that came in the Chevy hhr, Malibu, cobalt. It has that fat big volume button in the center of the radio. Here is a link to one:

Look around for a cheaper one. I just found one for reference to know what one looks like.
    Last edited by GMManof3; 02-24-2015, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
      Our car's can fit the radio, with the usb, that came in the Chevy hhr, Malibu, cobalt. It has that fat big volume button in the center of the radio. Here is a link to one:

Look around for a cheaper one. I just found one for reference to know what one looks like.
      Don't forget that this is not a plug and play solution. You will need a different wire harness.

Comment

How about the PAC audio box. I have one in my 05 and love love love it. Gave me two aux inputs. Takes the place of the two unused xm channels

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

And I forgot to mention that to fit a G5/Cobalt radio unit, you need a 2009.5 G6 cluster and steering control + add a wire or you will lose you DIC, because the DIC is not displayed in the radio of the G5/Cobalt.

Comment

The cluster swap on an 05 would be a challenge as those have the 4 spoke steering wheel and different cruise buttons, so the 09.5+ cruise buttons won't fit unless you replace the wheel or mount it in the dash all awkward like.
            I like CMessick's idea because it retains factory parts but gives a solid audio connection.
            The other option would be to find a G6 stereo with built in AUX and use that. But that'll require a dealer to program it.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
              The cluster swap on an 05 would be a challenge as those have the 4 spoke steering wheel and different cruise buttons, so the 09.5+ cruise buttons won't fit unless you replace the wheel or mount it in the dash all awkward like.
              I like CMessick's idea because it retains factory parts but gives a solid audio connection.
              The other option would be to find a G6 stereo with built in AUX and use that. But that'll require a dealer to program it.
              Yeah, I forgot this too.

You get a point !

Comment

I never had any luck with FM transmitters, I would stay away from those if you can. You could always try craiglist, find a junker that is parting out a Pontiac G6 and ask them for a quote on the radio. You can probably buy it a much much cheaper, check out the radio in person, and they usually offer a small warranty on radios, like 30 days or so.

Comment

Originally posted by cmessick View Post
                  How about the PAC audio box. I have one in my 05 and love love love it. Gave me two aux inputs. Takes the place of the two unused xm channels
                  Guess I should clarify this.. this is a in-harness modification. This is not a wireless transmitter but rather a hard wired solution

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

iSimple makes some pretty good kits for the G6. I have one in my car. You can even get a Bluetooth module to add on.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Originally posted by black07g6gtp View Post
                      iSimple makes some pretty good kits for the G6. I have one in my car. You can even get a Bluetooth module to add on.
                      this is exactly what i am talking about

Comment

FM Transmitter VS Radio Install

If anyone is interested, I can modify the older HUs to have an aux as long as it has XM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X