Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy Subaru Legacys ! (Or Legacies ? Lol.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Subaru Legacys ! (Or Legacies ? Lol.)

So I found these two Subaru Legacy on the internet, and I wanted to share them with you all cause they are simply crazy...

The first one is a 2005 Legacy with manual transmission swapped with... a GM 3.9L LZ9 engine. It runs and drives, but it's not done yet and it has been a little while since the owner post something new about it.

Here --> http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2491389

The second one is even more crazy. It's also a 2005 Legacy, but with an automatic transmission, swapped with... a GM 3.8L Turbo engine from a 1987 Buick Grand National. It is all done, runs and drives. The guy made 180 000 kilometers since his swap. It took about 4 years and 95 pages in the thread to get it all done.

Here --> http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...rt-140053.html

P.S : You need to be member to see the videos and pictures of the 3.8 Turbo Legacy.

What are your thoughs about these cars ? Personally, I find them awsome !

Re: Crazy Subaru Legacys ! (Or Legacies ? Lol.)

There's a whole forum section dedicated to unconventional engine swaps on the rx-8 boards. It's great to see people swapping GM engines into things.
    The 3.8 turbo I can understand, but the 3.9? I'd like to see how that lasts.

Comment

Ha, now it double posts even with one click of the mouse

Comment

I was suprised too. The 3.9L is a 60ยบ V6. Less larger, but it comes higher making it hard to fit in a low engine bay like a Legacy (The big hood scope proves it...). I think he was talking about a turbo set up too. The guy choose the 3.9L because of its aluminium head for less weight. But I don't think it makes a really big difference compare to the 3.8L.

Comment

I would've looked for an all aluminum engine in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
            I would've looked for an all aluminum engine in that case.
            Yep, better choice. Low end torque was also what he wanted. But with a turbo setup, the 3.8L has proven to be tough enough to take it, unlike the 3.9L. Personally, I would have chose a 3800 Series III S/C converted with a turbo. I wonder what's better between the Series III S/C and the Grand National 3.8L.

Comment

Working...
            X