Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

So now I will be able to shift with either hands on the steering wheel or down below where my tap shift is at. I also wanted to give us a chance to have this swap mod available for an option. I got mine from a malibu and I'm going to wrap it in white leather and black carbon too.

Last edited by GMManof3; 01-05-2015, 10:12 AM.

Re: new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

CrusinG6, be ready for me to bug ya about hooking up wires. I have my bcm wiring diagram to figure where the original tap shift wires go to the bcm. So I will figure it out first before I confirm for sure I need your help CrusinG6.

Comment

Can't wait to see the result !

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
        Can't wait to see the result !
        I am going to do a How to and make sure it is a good one.

Comment

I'll post up pictures when I receive it.

Comment

Any chance you can post up the BCM wiring diagram? Also, How do you plan to handle the Clock Spring not having the required wires, or have you found that's not an issue? Lastly, since you are getting it out of a malibu, do you plan on getting the steering wheel control buttons in red, or are you sticking with the white backlighting on them?
            2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
              Any chance you can post up the BCM wiring diagram? Also, How do you plan to handle the Clock Spring not having the required wires, or have you found that's not an issue? Lastly, since you are getting it out of a malibu, do you plan on getting the steering wheel control buttons in red, or are you sticking with the white backlighting on them?
              I have posted the bcm wiring diagrams. I'll post the forum link. I wondered about the clock spring and I have the female pins and the red lighting is nice but I want to make them blue sometime. I'll be happy with the red as I like the idea of red lighting; red darts logo.

Comment

Here ya are Jimmy. Enjoy! Do remember the bcm is a touchy sensitive Sun of a gun! More sensitive than I thought.

Comment

I should have this badge now that I have my paddle shifter steering wheel on its way, right?

Comment

Originally posted by GMManof3 View Post
                    I should have this badge now that I have my paddle shifter steering wheel on its way, right?

I just thought of a cool badge for our good friend WAMS. Have that abbreviation on that GM Performance Division, in place of the GM. So it would be like this:

Let it be known, I came up with this concept! I do like my second one though.
                    Last edited by GMManof3; 01-05-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

There are 4 wires at the factory tap shift.
                      Black: Ground
                      DK Green: Signal to BCM telling it your put it in manual mode (tap on/off)
                      Pink: 12v+ from the BCM Fuse panel (Run/crank fuse)
                      Purple: Shift up/down, goes straight to the TCM

There are different resistor values within the tap shift that tell the TCM what you want.

Below you'll find a wiring diagram. With the Tap Shift at the bottom, BCM at the top, and TCM at the left

(Photobucket limits image sizes. See the FULL SIZED image ~HERE~ )

Last edited by CruisinG6; 01-06-2015, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                        There are 4 wires at the factory tap shift.
                        Black: Ground
                        DK Green: Signal to BCM telling it your put it in manual mode (tap on/off)
                        Pink: 12v+ from the BCM Fuse panel (Run/crank fuse)
                        Purple: Shift up/down, goes straight to the TCM

There are different resistor values within the tap shift that tell the TCM what you want.

Below you'll find a wiring diagram. With the Tap Shift at the bottom, BCM at the top, and TCM at the left

(Photobucket limits image sizes. See the FULL SIZED image ~HERE~ )

Until I look at the shifter on my car, I'm guessing that I will be wiring into the purple wire.

Comment

On a 2006-2008 where does it tell you that you are in manual mode? Is that on the Radio? Or does it not say at all? I know on my Aura, it said it in the DIC in the cluster.

Comment

on my instrument cluster. it says M and whatever gear you are in. example: M4 M3 M2 M1

Comment

Does anyone have the wiring diagram similar to the one from CruisingG6 that shows the TCM connections for a car without tap shift? 2007 preferred. And does anyone have what each pin is for for the TCM connector for an 07 like GMManof3 posted in the link for me?

Comment

Working...
                              X