Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new project! paddle shifters in my 2008 G6 GT!

Here is the clock spring ribbon. Now I have two options right Here. Pull the ribbon from the clock spring or replace the G6 clock spring with the 2009 Malibu clock spring? If I pull this piece from the clock spring ribbon and then each ribbon strand could be or not be in tact to layover and could hinder the copper ribbon on top of copper lines that go to the male pins. Somehow they "glue" the copper ribbon strips to the copper lines that run to the pins? Anyone know how? If I pull, I can strip back the ribbons insulation to expose New ribbon strips and lay them over to make contact to the ribbon strips that connect to the male pins.

Comment

Here is some more photos:

Last edited by GMManof3; 01-09-2015, 02:30 PM.

Comment

The Saturn Clock Spring part is included with the Combo Switch, part number 15908975 for tap shift.

2009 - Saturn - Aura XR - - - V6 - 3.6L - GAS
        ELECTRICAL / CHASSIS ELECTRICAL / SWITCHES / MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH
        15908975 - MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH Aura
        Includes Turn Signal, Wiper, & Headlamp Switch.
        MSRP Core Online Price
        $111.42 $0.00 $66.85

And here is part number 8 from the diagram:

[ 8 ] STEERING COLUMN / STEERING COLUMN / SHROUD, SWITCHES & LEVERS / Clockspring
        Part Number: SEE FOOTNOTE

clockspring
        PARTS: Part included with combination switch.

As you can see, the new Clock Spring is only $67, which I would think would be worth it, since it also comes with all of the other switches too. (I'd be willing to buy the turn signal switch for part of the cost to make it cheaper if you went this route.)
        2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Okay, so I figured it all out now. First I need to order the 2009 malibu clock spring with paddle shifters. This will give the A and B male pins for the front and back of the clock spring. This then will let me wire into the front and back of the clock spring and will let me run that purple wire to the tap shifter that CrusinG6 was talking about. He said that I had to add another wire. So it is not just plug in and start shifting. I'll finish this up when I get the clock spring with paddle shifter. For now, I guess I'll just leave you all antsy for the finish.

I can't seem to find me the clock spring on eBay. So if anyone wants to research for me this weekend, cause I'll be busy with my drill time during my Air Force drill Reserve weekend. I'm going to get a price quote from a dealership.

Comment

Thanks all for keeping up with this. I am excited to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
              The Saturn Clock Spring part is included with the Combo Switch, part number 15908975 for tap shift.

2009 - Saturn - Aura XR - - - V6 - 3.6L - GAS
              ELECTRICAL / CHASSIS ELECTRICAL / SWITCHES / MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH
              15908975 - MULTIFUNCTION SWITCH Aura
              Includes Turn Signal, Wiper, & Headlamp Switch.
              MSRP Core Online Price
              $111.42 $0.00 $66.85

And here is part number 8 from the diagram:

[ 8 ] STEERING COLUMN / STEERING COLUMN / SHROUD, SWITCHES & LEVERS / Clockspring
              Part Number: SEE FOOTNOTE

clockspring
              PARTS: Part included with combination switch.

As you can see, the new Clock Spring is only $67, which I would think would be worth it, since it also comes with all of the other switches too. (I'd be willing to buy the turn signal switch for part of the cost to make it cheaper if you went this route.)
              I did not get that last part you said? The, "I'd be willing" part.

Comment

The part I listed should be the same as the 2009 Malibu, so you should be able to use that part number if you order it new from GM. If you do that, in the description it states: "Includes Turn Signal, Wiper, & Headlamp Switch." with that part. I could use a new turn signal switch, so I would be willing to purchase that from you once you had it to help off-set the $67 purchase price.

Comment

Ok, so while it looks like the part I listed above had the clock spring, I found this part that appears to be it in the SRS section

ELECTRICAL / RESTRAINT SYSTEMS / SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM / CLOCKSPRING
                  20940370 - CLOCKSPRING Aura

MSRP Core ? Online Price
                  $149.50 $0.00 $100.46

So maybe the other one does not include it? Probably best to contact the dealer to find out which is needed.

Comment

Ok, so while it looks like the part I listed above had the clock spring, I found this part that appears to be it in the SRS section

ELECTRICAL / RESTRAINT SYSTEMS / SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM / CLOCKSPRING
                    20940370 - CLOCKSPRING Aura

MSRP Core ? Online Price
                    $149.50 $0.00 $100.46

So maybe the other one does not include it? Probably best to contact the dealer to find out which is needed.
                    Yeah, I'm in for the parts. Let me look it over to see how much I'll pay ya

Comment

Any chance you can post up the BCM wiring diagram? Also, How do you plan to handle the Clock Spring not having the required wires, or have you found that's not an issue? Lastly, since you are getting it out of a malibu, do you plan on getting the steering wheel control buttons in red, or are you sticking with the white backlighting on them?
                      Hey Jimmy, I like the aqua blue lights on the buttons. Plus, this steering wheel is in an impressive condition! I got a deal for 42.00 bucks!

Comment

New update. Got the pontiac g6 airbag into the paddle shifter steering wheel. But the airbag sits out further away from the wheel. I noticed that the malibu steering wheel is way different from the malibu's. I suggest people to get the Saturn's paddle shifter steering wheel so you all will just be able to pop back in your g6 air bag into the Saturn's steering wheel. I'm going to see if I can make it work more by gutting the wheel and putting the insides of the Malibu steering wheel on my G6's wheel. I'll post up pics. Even where I have gotten so far.

On a side Note, does anyone keep handy, a Saturn aura clock spring in their back pocket?

Comment

The part I listed should be the same as the 2009 Malibu, so you should be able to use that part number if you order it new from GM. If you do that, in the description it states: "Includes Turn Signal, Wiper, & Headlamp Switch." with that part. I could use a new turn signal switch, so I would be willing to purchase that from you once you had it to help off-set the $67 purchase price.
                          Found the clock spring on eBay that is the one I would need from an aura. It is for 50 bucks. I think this will work for me and my wallet. Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Here is even more photos of what I have so far:

Every button works, except for 3 of them. That is because I don't have the 2010 instrument cluster and a Bluetooth stereo feature for the Bluetooth and the info buttons to work. But I will.... Eventually.... Maybe. Soon? I don't know, sometime? Okay, I'm broke So I can't anytime soon.

Comment

Here is a picture of a clock spring we all need to make the paddle shifters work. And I also wanted to share a picture of the wheel wrap I found that is quite nice. I wish the white was purple, but I like the white and carbon fiber though. So it is all good still.

The clock spring's part number and description is: GM OEM Supplemental Restraint System-Clockspring 20940370

Comment

So the paddles are working ? That's cool ! Why you guys always give me reasons to spend money...

Comment

Working...
                                X