Steering wheel Radio controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale Steering wheel Radio controls

I currently have 4 sets of steering wheel controls. $45/set shipped for 07-09's, $55/set shipped for 09.5-10

Will add the part numbers for each group later. I believe at least 1 set is out of a Malibu, so it won't have red backlighting.

I also have the Tapshift wheel from the Aura with the 09.5+ style buttons. Offers on that.
    2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Re: Steering wheel Radio controls

Set #1 - Harness: 16899362, Cruise switch: 15942438, Cruise bezel: 28045106, Radio Switch: 15942439, Radio Bezel; 208045108 (green Dots) - Pontiac

Set #2 - Harness: 16899362, Cruise switch: 15942438, Cruise bezel: 28045106, Radio Switch: 15942439, Radio Bezel; 208045108 (no green Dots) - Pontiac

Set #3 - Harness: 16899362, Cruise switch: 15942437, Cruise bezel: 16900502, Radio Switch: 15942358, Radio Bezel; 16900504 (no green Dots) - Malibu

Set #4 - Harness: 16911002, Cruise switch: 15943492, Cruise bezel: <can't read>, Radio Switch: 25864457, Radio Bezel; <can't read> (green Dots) - 09.5+

The mention of Green Dots is so I can tell them apart. It does not interfere with it visually.

Comment

Because the question was asked, I'll explain a bit more.

If you have a 3 spoke steering wheel with cruise, these buttons *may* allow you to have partial or full steering wheel radio controls.

- They should physically fit into the steering wheel.
      - The Volume button should work out of the box.
      - The other button should work, and provide a function, but it might not be the intended function of the button. (this is what mine do)
      - There is an article on this or another G6 site that takes about adding these in using the Tech 2 at a dealer to make it work correctly. (I asked a dealer to try it, but I don't think they understood, so it never happened. going to try again soon.)

Background: The steering wheel controls work by sending a specific resistance value on the line for each button, which gets interpreted as the function by the receiver (radio in this case.) Unfortunately, GM only kept the resistance values of the Volume buttons the same when they switched from the 4 spoke to 3 spoke steering wheel. I believe this was in 2006. However, some components, such as the radio, did not get updated if they did not have to for things like the radio controls if it was not chosen as an option. In my case, I have an 07, but it seems the radio believes the values are those of a 4 spoke wheel. So this is why your mileage may vary.

Comment

If you find any for the old 4 spoke, I'd be interested. The lights on mine have gone out.

20% Tint, Cross-Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Red Painted Calipers, 6000k H.I.D., LED Interior Lights, Carbon Fiber GM Interior, 18" SenDel S26 rims, Volant CAI.
        Wish List: Homelink, Black Sabersport projector headlights

Comment

Looking to replace my HU613 but I dont want to give up steering wheel controls. There seems to be a lot of different adapters out there but I cant get a clear answer on which one, if any, will work in my Volvo.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
          http://fordfusioninfo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander_Rychok87 View Post
            Looking to replace my HU613 but I dont want to give up steering wheel controls. There seems to be a lot of different adapters out there but I cant get a clear answer on which one, if any, will work in my Volvo.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
            Seriously? I'm selling pontiac G6 steering wheel controls. Your question doesn't belong here if it were even about the G6. Try one of the many Volvo forums on the internet to help with your question.

Comment

Bump. price drop to $30/shipped per set. Just want them gone

Comment

bump!!!

Comment

Have a bunch of these. If someone wants them all to sell on ebay, I'll let all go for $80. That's $20/set if I can only find 4, but I think there is a 5th set too. Shipping extra. I don't have time for ebay.

Comment

I have the electrical service manual if you need help with it. This is something I'm interested in, because I'd like to be able to add the steering wheel controls to my car.

Hit me up if you want my number. I'll do whatever I can to help you out with this. Also, look into Beaver's Auto Salvage for parts. They're a Honda/Acura specific yard and have been able to help me out with a bunch of parts. I actually got the wiring for my Hybrid Accord EPS conversion.

Comment

Working...
                    X