Steering Recall, BCM Recall, and Trasmission Cable Recall "Completed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Recall, BCM Recall, and Trasmission Cable Recall "Completed"

So I wanted to fill everyone in on what happened with the three recalls. My steering was so bad I had no idea what the car was going to do next. The other recalls were less pressing.

I took my car to Jim Ellis at Buford Mall of GA, a very big name who owns other Toyota as well as GM dealerships.

The day I took it in, they were shooting a commercial the next day. All that mattered to the dealer was the commercial, and how they were flying in a car by helicopter and setting it down at the abandoned house next door. Here's a link to the commercial=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0Tv9oLDF0E Look closely in the background and you can see them screwing me over.

As I mentioned before, my steering was so dangerous, I was super happy that my steering recall was finally available. I drop it off in the morning, get a courtesy ride to work, and get a call that all three recalls were done that afternoon. I pick it up that afternoon and don't even get a 1/2 mile down the road before I notice something is still seriously wrong with the steering. I drive home and plan on driving it back for round two the next day.

I drop it off again, and again I bombarded by the fact no one is available because of the commercial to provide a courtesy ride to work. I work about 3 miles away! After a great deal of persuasion I get a ride to work. I then get a call around noon, and they tell me not only are they not picking me up, but they can't do anything until I replace my tires and driver side control arm. It's a brand new control arm. Then I'm fully berrated by the service girl, who I assume took tons of crap from the mechanics, for having lowering springs, spacers, and any other aftermarket thing they happened to notice while doing absolutely nothing.

So, after getting a ride back to the dealer from a girl I work with, I drive to Firestone for the new tires I planned on getting after GM fixed my recalls. Firestone calls me back into their workshop, and they can't believe what they're looking at; The front bolts in both of the lower control arms are about to fall out. One of the nuts is completely missing on one bolt, and the other one is hanging, only stopped from falling out by a frame mount (not sure what would have happened if it fell out, catastrophic?). They proceed to tighten one bolt, and put a nut on the other one, albeit the wrong size, but good enough to get me back to the dealer to get the right sized nut.

Ultimately, I went to a local shop close to home who had the right sized nut, by chance (before they found the nut, they told me I needed to go to the dealer for it, lol). I still wasn't convinced the bolts was the source of my steering problems. However, this completely fixed my steering issues; a simple loose/missing nut on both control arms. I didn't want to go back to the dealer because they already made it clear they didn't want to work on a car with aftermarket parts. I thought the GM mechanics would see what I saw in the car and fix it, instead they saw it as a aftermarket POS they didn't want to touch.

All was perfect with the car until a check engine light just popped up, not even a month later, but it's driving great and getting better mileage then ever, lol.

Re: Steering Recall, BCM Recall, and Trasmission Cable Recall "Completed"

our control arms are notorious for having failures, but usually the ball joint side since its soooo close to the rotor.

GM recalls are kinda a PITA.. they are only going to repair the recall unless you ask for anything else...

Current Modifications: 18' Sky Wheels w/ 245/40-18 Tires, 25mm Spacers, Megan Racing Coilovers, Racingline STB, JPE Rear Camber Kit, Energy Suspension Poly Bushings, Painted Calipers, Double Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Brake Pads, Street Series MMI, CRABS with FPU, NGK Iridium Plugs, Kingsborne 8mm Wires, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom 2ga Grounding Kit, DDM 6k HIDs High/Low/Fog, Halos, High/Fog Mod, Chrome Recessed Upper and Lower Grills, GM Ground Effects Kit, GXP Rear Bumper, GXP Sedan Hammerhead, 15% Tint, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Painted Mirror Caps, Tinted Tails, QuickLifts, PAC Audio Input, Interior LED Conversion, Dash LED Accents, 3W LED Trunk Lighting

Comment

I'll be taking mine to Hendrick in Duluth.

Show: GXP Hood - 2009.5 Front Bumper & Rear Spoiler - Black Housing Headlights - White LED Reverse and License Plate Lights- White LED Interior Dome & Map Lights - Matsushita Gen4 6000K HID Lows - White LED Fogs - GXP Rear Bumper - White LED KPH Instrument Cluster Conversion - 15% Tint

Go: CRAB + FPU Powder coated wrinkle black - Racingline STB , MMI & Grounding Kit - Dash Hawk - Front 4 Piston Brembo Brakes - Rear Cobalt SS TC Brakes - BMD Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines & Endlinks - WAMS 93 Tune - Custom Magnaflow Exhaust - Milzy Motorsports Headers

Progression Page: http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22818
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2594110

Comment

Let us know how everything goes at Hendrick, black07g6gtp. If there's anything we can do to assist just send us a message with your VIN and contact info.

Amber N.
        GM Customer Care
        Available 8:00am-4:30pm
        Monday-Friday

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Comment

Had all mine done at WK Chevy in Sedalia Missouri. They were awesome and I almost had to wait a whole month to get mine done. I believe it was quick for parts to be sent to WK to be ready for me.

Comment

Working...
          X