Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

low beam headlight bulbs used in our back up light housing on taillight housing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• low beam headlight bulbs used in our back up light housing on taillight housing?

I want to have a better lit up area behind me for when I back up. Plus, I want to male sure people see me good. I was wanting to do this. I would take a stock lowbeam bulb and put in for my back up lights. Anyway this is possible? I want to do this and plus, I have the time now to do just this. I think it would be awesome too.

Re: low beam headlight bulbs used in our back up light housing on taillight housing?

Why not just get led bulbs

Comment

Re: low beam headlight bulbs used in our back up light housing on taillight housing?

I got some bright ones from v-leds. Plenty bright to see through tint at night

Comment

low beam headlight bulbs used in our back up light housing on taillight housing?

Yeah, LED bulbs are the best way to go for reverse lights and tail lights.
        Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

I did LED's....got the brightest and I sure wish they were brighter.
          Parts of my driveway are very dark and it is hard to see.

and here is an oldie but a goodie:
          Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
          Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
          WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Please consider supporting G6P -Tap here

MODS:
            Crab Intakes CAB, MPD Ram Air hood, Custom exhaust,
            WAMS High Performance Tune and a whole lot more....

Comment

Why not get a set of small aftermarket fog lights and mount them low/near the plate? They would give you more light than adding larger bulbs to the reverse, which could melt the housing since they are not meant to be in that small of a space.
              2007 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 | 1998 BMW Z3 Dinan

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyfloyd View Post
                Why not get a set of small aftermarket fog lights and mount them low/near the plate? They would give you more light than adding larger bulbs to the reverse, which could melt the housing since they are not meant to be in that small of a space.
                I was wanting to do something just like that. I can cut out holes to mount fogs. I could do something like that. Plus, who wants to melt the housing. Huh, not me! I've already melted on thing that is plastic on my g6. Lol

Originally posted by Lampoon View Post

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=444
                Awesome Robert aka Lampoon. I'll check those links out.

Originally posted by CruisinG6 View Post
                I got some bright ones from v-leds. Plenty bright to see through tint at night
                I will check out v-LEDs out to see what they have CrusinG6 . I have an issue with seeing behind me when I back up. So, you being able to see through tint, should do the trick

Originally posted by Siloge View Post
                Why not just get led bulbs
                I got me some LED backup lights, But they were not doing the job Siloge.

I will try me those brighter LEDs. I also want to do like the grand prix's reverse lights down on the lower ends of the rear bumper. But I'll just mount them to the lower valance.

Thanks for all the tips and preventive suggestions.

Comment

I have a gif of my LEDs somewhere.
                  I think it was an interest or wanted thread for sedan LED tail lights

Comment

I have a gif of my LEDs somewhere.
                    I think it was an interest or wanted thread for sedan LED tail lights
                    Please post a picture. I want to try your brand first. I'm still reading through Lampoons thread he posted on here, to see what was said.

Comment

It starts at post 14 with daytime shots, Then further down nightime shots, which includes the reverse light.
                      Tonight I'll snap a picture with my dslr of the light output on the ground or against a building, try to give a better idea of light output with lightly tinted tails

Comment

http://www.g6performance.com/forum/s...l=1#post537908

It starts at post 14 with daytime shots, Then further down nightime shots, which includes the reverse light.
                        Tonight I'll snap a picture with my dslr of the light output on the ground or against a building, try to give a better idea of light output with lightly tinted tails
                        I seen the v-LEDs website. My God they are expensive. But worth it. Thanks again. The thread photos will do fine if you don't want to take a photo tonight. Thanks CrusinG6

Comment

Former member here used HIDs in his reverse lights.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                          1972 F100
                          1978 Twinstar
                          1992 Miata
                          2014 Mustang

Comment

Lol, LEDs run cooler than the stock incandescent bulbs, so how would they melt the housing?
                            Eagle Eyes Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/QKH9rY

Spyder Auto Projector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1iNrmzr

Like-OEM Reflector Headlight Retrofit: http://bit.ly/1sPAjQi

Comment

Originally posted by D0M1NIX View Post
                              Lol, LEDs run cooler than the stock incandescent bulbs, so how would they melt the housing?
                              Could just be a misconception because many high powered LEDs have heat sinks on em.

V-Leds, while expensive, are worth the cost IMO.
                              when driving home at night I'll tap my brakes and see my brake lights reflect off street signs incredibly far away. I've stood behind my car with the hazards on, it gets nauseating lol

I did snap some pics of them tonight, but they came out awful. I forgot I need a tripod to make this work right. Thing is too the camera makes adjustments for it.

Anyways I got their $50 sets for the front turn signals, rear tails and reverse lights, So over $150 in LEDs alone when you take into account the smaller bulbs and interior lights.
                              All for the best though, EVERYONE sees me now haha

I'm sure there's other companies and lights available. But I've never had a single problem with mine, where as the cheapo amazon bulbs I used before were just not bright and some leds stopped working.

I looked into the HID reverse lights too, but I decided I didn't want to wait for them to brighten up before backing out lol

Comment

Working...
                              X