Amplifier (06 GT Coupe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amplifier (06 GT Coupe)

I have the monsoon system (all stock) and I'm looking to replace my stock amp.. I've been searching but I can't seem to find enough information. Hoping someone here can suggest what direction to go.

So far I've been told replacing the amp might not work with the stock head unit as they're designed to work with each other.. that didn't really make sense so I asked another place and was told you can replace the amp with an aftermarket one and keep the stock head unit. Has anyone ever done this on a 06 coupe? Replace just the amp?

It's different from the 4dr and convertible unfortunately. I've been told it's located in the passenger door, but have never had the chance to open it up.

Re: Amplifier (06 GT Coupe)

I always heard it was located in the trunk ?
    Last edited by DelHuge; 11-05-2014, 02:05 PM. Reason: Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by DelHuge View Post
      I always heard it was located in the trunk ?
      True for the 4dr and convertible I believe, coupe seems to be inside the door. I ripped everything out before I learned this, but I dont have the right tools or know-how to open the door panels

Comment

It is in the trunk for the coupe as well. A few threads mentioned it is on the passenger side behind the carpet.
        Last edited by irock99; 11-05-2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by irock99 View Post
          It is in the trunk for the coupe as well. A few threads mentioned it is on the passenger side behind the carpet.
          Hmm ... could it just be later year models maybe? I don't know what to tell you, I'll take pictures of behind the carpet in the trunk when I get a chance.

Comment

Pretty old post wanted to add incase someone finds this thread that the monsoon amp is actually located in the trunk right side behind the carpet .

Comment

Working...
            X