X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Cruisin's Drift RX-8; 3800 SC Swap

Originally posted by Altered6 View Post
    Doing some nice work there Cruisin.
    That could save you a bunch of aggravation down the road.
    Oh I'm trying ha

Comment

Buddy welded up the injector holes and took the extra step to smooth out the port from it.

Went ahead with the cross member beneath the car to mount the trans and fab a ppf mount to hold the diff.

Started with round tube and some steel plates to make inserts for the frame rails.

Did the same for the other side

also took some plated, drilled matching holes and welded on some nuts just to make assembly easier.
      Got some square tube and cut it to length with a bit of an angle to match the frame rail angle.

Notched the square tube to fit around the brake/fuel lines and welded it up to the side plates. Bolts in place perfectly.

Some 3/16 was added to cap off that notch so the tube was still closed off and strong.

Comment

Moved the trans out of the way and popped in the aluminum Isuzu driveshaft. It fits without rubbing the heat shield, ppf, or any other component. Things are working out as planned which is very nice.
        Now to get the driveshaft shortened, finish off the ppf and complete the trans and engine mounts.

Comment

Photobucket has randomly decided to charge $400 a year for third party hosting of images. As a result my pictures are blocked. I am working on a solution to keep this post going.

Comment

Yeah. Avatars as well... How about using "Dropbox"? Maybe it could works.

Comment

Working...
            X